Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Modified MarvelSH character sheet - opinions requested

MSG
Pro
Sheet Author
Greetings, Roll20 Community! I have made attempts to be able to reach the original author (Michael R.) in regards to the MarvelSH character sheet.  Failing in that task, I am bringing this to you, the Community, on your thoughts regarding some modifications I've done to the MarvelSH character sheet. I've tried to keep the modifications to existing items to a minimal.  The only information that is no longer retained in this sheet should just be the Initial Rank fields that were in the Attributes section for the FASERIP.  Those fields have been replaced with a Roll button for making rolls off of that Attribute.  Here is a list of all the things I've done: - Character Data section: --- Added a Public Name field (if the hero's identity is unknown) --- Added an Identity field (is the hero's real name Public or Secret?) - Limitation(s): --- Added an Other Limitation(s) textarea --- Changed the Notes field to a textarea - Attributes: --- Replaced the Initial Rank fields with Roll buttons --- Added a Popularity item --- Added a Resources item --- Added an Initiative dropdown with Roll button --- Added a Karma Used dropdown (for those that can use Karma on Rolls - currently a dropdown (as per our rules), but can be changed to a number field if needed). - NEW: --- Added an Equipment / Miscellaneous section --- Added a Karma Pool / Advancement Fund section --- Added a Completed Power Stunts section --- Added a Power Stunts in Progress / Scheduled section I believe I've listed everything I've done to the sheet.  As stated, the Initial Rank fields in the Attributes section should be the only data that wasn't kept.  All other fields should have their data retained. I have the modified version on my GitHub - ready to do a Pull Request from Roll20.  However, I wanted to get people's opinion on this first before I actually do a Pull Request. Thank you for your time!
MSG
Pro
Sheet Author
Hm, 2 weeks and not a single response.  I'm guessing no one likes it, so I'll just trash the idea of putting it out for the community and just keep it for personal use.  No sense in putting it out if no one likes it or plans on using it. Thanks anyways.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Don't take it personal if you do not get much if any response from the forum regarding the sheet MSG.  Most of roll20 never read the forums.  That ones that do post so frequently that messages get buried very quickly.  If I were you, I would update the sheet.  Just be prepared to deal with any backlash for changes and be open to suggestions.  Cheers
MSG
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you for the reply, Vince. As I had stated in my OP, the only thing lost is the Initial Rank in the FASERIP - but those numbers weren't used in any calculations anyways (they are more for just a reference number of what it was initially before it may have been "upgraded" to the current). Of course, now I may not be able to update the sheet as I'm having issues with the cloning part on GitHub.  I've been talking to a couple of Devs who are trying to help me find a way to be able to do the cloning.  If all else fails, it was suggested that I try asking the community if someone would be willing to do the GitHub part so a pull request can be done.  Not sure how that would work though, as this is my first time doing this.

Edited 1508458648
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
How I handle github;  fork the  roll20 repo , I'm on windows, so I use the  github desktop app .  Inside the app, use the "+" button to clone your fork.  Make changes locally to your fork then use the desktop app to commit your changes to your fork.  Back on your github account verify your fork has your latest changes, then make a new pull request. Keep asking questions if you get stuck.
MSG
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks, Vince! I had to use the command prompt way, but managed to get it to clone.  I've since followed the rest of the steps to commit the changes, push to my repo and submit a pull request.  Hopefully it'll be approved - we'll see. As a note, the desktop app refused to run on my system - hence why I had to go the command prompt way.  No biggie - I used to work in DOS before Windows even came out, so the command prompt is nothing new to me.  Dang!  I think I just gave my age away!  :D
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
MSG said: No biggie - I used to work in DOS before Windows even came out, so the command prompt is nothing new to me.  Dang!  I think I just gave my age away!  :D I started with amiga-dos if that makes you feel any better.  ;-)  Glad you got it figured out.