Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Bag of Holding Organization?

Howdy, I'm computer savvy, but not a skilled programmer. I have been dealing with the same organization issue for a while now, and I am posting this to set the idea running on having a way to put a Bag of Holding in the game and organize it in a way to minimize clutter. Even if it is an additional feature in the Handouts (which is what I use now) to create dropdown menus for the various categories so they're easier to access. It'd make it easier for Bag of Holding items not to get lost in long lists. As well, if you can fit in an area which may help players learn what an items do without taking up more space or creating another Handout, that would be great too.  As I said, this is just to get the idea of some sort of organization tool for items rolling, it'd really streamline this whole thing for my group and many others.

Edited 1506948947
What I do is create another character for the bag of holding, that way you can easily track the weight of items and you know whether the item is in the bag or not. Mr Nevada117 said: As well, if you can fit in an area which may help players learn what an items do without taking up more space or creating another Handout, that would be great too.  I'm not sure I understand. You want a place that you can add information about items but don't want this place to take up space? What character sheet are you using? I know that items in the 5e OGL character sheet have a place for information specific to that item and can even have this field hidden. If you are using this sheet, why not use that space
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In the past I've created a shared handout with a table of basic information in it for the players to get visibility of the contents, the names of the items can when applicable then be linked to other item handouts when there is information worth knowing using  handout links .
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .