Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5E Community] Got some good updates. How to get into One-Click version?

I have been editing the 5E Community to work with my current campaigns and changed some values so it does a better job of importing information from 5E OGL to the 5E Community sheet plus added a Passive Skill Modifier section as there are some feats that give a bonus to Passive Wis/Passive Int only Also did some edits to the NPC sheet for better movement from 5E OGL to 5E Community. How do I get them into the official character sheet?

Edited 1507031653
If wondering, I switched from 5E OGL to 5E Community after the 2.0 update as it broke my OGL sheet. Updates: Passive Skill Modifier section Added Range to the ranged weapons and ranged weapon template Changed some attr names to transition from 5E OGL to 5E Community for Character Sheet & NPC sheet
As I understand it, to take over as the official maintainer of a sheet it's the below. You can also just do step three for now and gauge interest, and only go through with everything else if it seems warranted. I know community is still in use, there might be enough people to warrant the effort. Personally, for my games, full disclaimer, I think there are two options: OGL and Shaped. I have chosen Shaped for the features it brings. You talk to the author of 5e Community that you want to take over as maintainer. You talk to the roll20 devs that you want to take over as maintainer of 5e Community. You make a thread like this with a link to the github code of your version of the sheet, so people that are pro and use community can test it and report bugs via your issue tracker. When you are satisfied that the modifications are A-OK, you issue a pull request to the roll20 github from your github containing the modifications on "master".
I still use the community sheet in my main campaign and the fact that it is static is a benefit for me because I know all of my custom macros will continue to work. I wouldn't want an update to the sheet unless compendium drag and drop capabilities were added. 

Edited 1507092124
Ya. That is partly why I switched my sheet because 5E OGL broke my game. But I had to do some editing to the Community sheet (Custom) just to make it work for my game. At least the spells are Compendium Drag and Drop.
I did not know that drag and drop kind of works with the Community sheet for spells. It only populates the description and the basic damage, not accounting for higher levels or cantrip damage, but it does do something. Color me surprised.
Ed S. said: I did not know that drag and drop kind of works with the Community sheet for spells. It only populates the description and the basic damage, not accounting for higher levels or cantrip damage, but it does do something. Color me surprised. Ya. At least it is something. LOL
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Looks like "partial compendium support" was added to the sheet 5 months ago .