Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

another 3.5 macro question about skills

hey i hate to bother you guys even more but i am having the problem where i can not seem to get the total modifier for a skill to work in another macro here is what i have  &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{skillflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} }} {{subtags=attacks with his Katana}}{{Attack Roll=[[1d20+@{str-mod}+@{weapon1enh}+@{weapon1focus}+?{flanking|yes,2|no,0} ]]}}{{Damage Roll=[[1d10+@{weapon1damagestat}+@{weapon1enh}+@{weapon1specialize} ]]}} {{Sneak Attack=[[[[floor(@{level}/2)+1]]d6]]}} {{Iaijutsu Focus=[[[[(floor(((1d20+ @{Iaijutsufocusranks} )-10)/5))]]d6]]}} the bolded section is what i am having troubles with. i had to add the skill into the character sheet and i dont know what i am doing wrong.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
How did you create the skill?&nbsp; Did you put it in the repeating section down at the bottom or did you create it under the Attributes & Abilities tab at the top of the sheet?&nbsp; If you put it into the repeating section, you will need to call it by a different name.&nbsp; Assuming your Iaijutsu skill is in the first row, you could refer to it with:&nbsp; repeating_skills_$0_skillranks&nbsp; .&nbsp; If it is in the 2nd row, the $0 would be a $1, the third would be a $2, etc.&nbsp; You could also find the individual ID for that particular row by examining the html of that row in your browser and substituting that for the $0 (the rowid would look something like: -KC0zCLum1Rq3V5wssyE .&nbsp; See <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Referencing_Repeat" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Referencing_Repeat</a>... in the Roll20 Wiki. If you put it in the Attributes & Abilities tab, I guess verify that you spelt it the same way in both locations.&nbsp; If you are having some other issue, what is the final outcome you are looking for, and what are you seeing differently? Hope this helps, Diana
okay is there a way to delete a post in the forums cos i asked the question twice not realizing i had already asked the first time i thought i left before posting sorry
still not working even with that bit of code how would it look in the macro itself as if [[1d20+@{repeating_skills_$2_skillranks}]]

Edited 1508109961
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Sorry, I apparently had a wrong version of the character sheet in my notepad and grabbed the wrong name.&nbsp; :( Try [[1d20 + @{repeating_skills_$2_otherskillranks} ]]&nbsp; for the number of ranks.&nbsp; If you need the total skill mod for your skill, that would be [[1d20 + @{repeating_skills_$2_otherskill} ]] . edit:&nbsp; and I think you may have to get a mod to remove the other thread; not sure if you can delete it yourself or not.
okay well thank you either way
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gah, just answered the other thread as well... will delete now instead lol