Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

No weapons for NPC

Edited 1508398776
Hi, still very new to all this so if a thread exists for this problem i am sorry i missed it. I used to create my NPC by going to my journal, right click create new character. then click said character go to cog click NPC box fill in details or drag a character from the comp and adjust, all that is fine and works but what no longer works is dragging in swords or daggers any weapon for that matter, but if i take it off NPC all the things i have dragged are there. Has the way it works changed, have i broken it, i did try using the api recently and used the group roll and its a trap. i have disabled them but no change. i am using 5th edition ogl by roll 20 and have no purchased modules, i only recently purchased Pro subscription, using Chrome 61.0.3163.100
Rather than creating a blank character sheet, when you want a new monster from the compendium (Say a Goblin), when searching for goblin, just drag the compendium entry out onto the VTT. It will open the sheet and place the golbin token on the table. You'll then have the sheet in your journal as well (to quickly drag out more - cause everyone needs to face a hoard of goblins).
it's not the monsters that are an issue it's when i make a custom monster or change a weapon on an existing, NPC will not accept a single weapon, i've tried swords, daggers and bows all of them none show up unless it is a character sheet not a NPC, a lot of the time i drag a goblin out then adjust to what i need except a weapon replacement, unless i type it.
When the character sheet was updated to v2.1, it removed the need for having an empty item/spell/npc item to drag the compendium entry to. Now, as you have noticed, you can simply drag the compendium entry to the character sheet and the character sheet put the information where it need to go. So when you drag in a weapon, the character sheet assumes that you are dragging an item into the sheet and adds the item to the inventory section of the PC character sheet. Though I don't recall being able to drag in a weapon to the NPC sheet in v1.6 of the character sheet, but I have seen a couple of people mention this functionality missing since v2.0. If you feel like this is a bug or feature you would like to see added to the sheet, I would encourage you to post it on the  forum thread as the devs are more likely to see it in that dedicated post than by itself.
Thanks, yes it used to work and i make a lot of custom NPC's (9 in the next session alone) so having to type them each time is a pain especially after being spoiled in the previous version. I will do that and again thanks for letting me know it is not in the new version.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hey folks! Just to let you know with an official statement: In the 2.0 update, the functionality to drag items into specific sections was removed for a smarter drag and drop (spells go into spells, items go into inventory, etc). There is a planned update to add attacks to character sheets, but for now they will need to be entered manually.  We hear you and are working on continued improvements :)