Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Possible to have bigger numbers on the ruler?

We were wondering if there was a way to make the numbers on the ruler tool scale up in size when you scroll out on large maps? As it is now, when trying to measure distances on very large maps, you quickly reach a point where the numbers are so small they are unreadable.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is a long-standing suggestion for this on the Suggestions forum.
Specifically this one: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1244188/the-size-of-the-distance-measurement-should-scale-with-zoom-levels-ruler" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1244188/the-size-of-the-distance-measurement-should-scale-with-zoom-levels-ruler</a>
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I tend to use a token and spacebar for the waypoints. This gives me the distance also but allows me to follow a trail or road as it curves.
You can alternatively create a scaled down version of the map and use the measurement tool then. I would just take note of the degree of scaling for an accurate calculation.
Pat S. said: I tend to use a token and spacebar for the waypoints. This gives me the distance also but allows me to follow a trail or road as it curves. Creative solution!&nbsp; I'm going to steal this one.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Three of Swords said: Pat S. said: I tend to use a token and spacebar for the waypoints. This gives me the distance also but allows me to follow a trail or road as it curves. Creative solution!&nbsp; I'm going to steal this one. One great implication of that technique is you can do the measurement move from zoomed out, then zoom in and select the token and hit the spacebar to read the measurement. =D
Been using Roll20 for 18months, 3 nights a week, and I can't believe I never thought of using the token measurements. Works so much better for region maps! Only just discovered the token waypoint system last month too, which was another game changer.