Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Cyberpunk 2020] Character sheet background is missing again

The CP2020 character sheet background looks like it's gone missing again. Poking around the forums it looks like this has happened a couple of times before. Is there a more permanent solution?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The best solution for this kind of stuff is to add the background to the Github files and and link to Github in the sheet's CSS. That's a more permanent hosting solution than some random image hosting site.

Edited 1510347513
From the last post about this sheet, that sounds like what they did. Maybe it got edited and broke the link?
Wait, someone's running cP2020?!? I'm green with envy.
Any working solution for this? I would have a game today and the sheets are kinda useless this way :(
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Viperc46 has sent a  pull request to update the background. The fix should go live once Roll20 updates the character sheets. In the meantime, you can fix this if the GM is a Pro (paying subscriber) by copying the  HTML and  CSS and pasting them under  Custom Sheet .  This is how you would do that.

Edited 1510424419
BG
Pro
Coal Powered Puppet had an updated sheet in the works with fixes (mainly spelling, formatting) as well as font color change. I wonder if this would be a good opportunity to introduce that. Either way, running a game within the next week so good to see the problem wasn't just me! :D
I wouldn't mind a standard, black and white style character sheet to be honest. How often do they do pull requests? We're playing Thursday and no one can fill out their sheets at the moment. 
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
They normally only update character sheets on week days. Since the change is very small, I imagine it will be made live quickly; probably early in the week. (Roll20 needs to review changes to make sure they won't mess up anyone's game)

Edited 1510504608
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Temp fix if you can't wait till mid-week for the update to hit. Anyone using the sheet might be able to use a css browser extension like stylish to inject a solid dark color or updated background image url as a temp fix till the update hits. .charsheet, .sheet-top_half {     background: none !important;     background-color: #333 !important; }
Don't know if this is the place to post it, but if they update it, could they give us a way to edit the main skills? its kind of a long list, and if you character has no intent to learn any of the 20 martial arts or how to pilot a dirigible, it is kind of impeding. Same with the special abilities, You are given the option to edit add a new skill to any of the other skills, but if you wanted to create your own role with a special ability it doesn't give you that option for some reason.
Special Ability roll results are still using the 404'ed background, otherwise it appears fixed. 
Just saw this.  Sorry about that.  I will work on getting the background uploaded to github and make it permanent.  I will also work on the skill thing and the Special Ability background.

Edited 1511401643
BG
Pro
Coal Powered Puppet said: Just saw this.  Sorry about that.  I will work on getting the background uploaded to github and make it permanent.  I will also work on the skill thing and the Special Ability background No rush. I would perhaps experiment around with an all black background, or a black text/all white background. I'd also say maybe using that Contrail One font across the board might make the text a little clearer. Might just be me though. Some minor things my players have noticed - Savate (2), martial art from the core book is missing (found on pg, 100 where it lists the bonuses)... usually you could just add the skills but there's no way to set those as a skill you can roll for weapons. (Not too much of a big deal but a player of mine likes to assign the strikes and kicks as a weapons to roll, using karate as a substitute for now) Weaponsmith & Pharmaceuticals should both have an IP modifier of (2). Gyro Tech should have an IP modifier of (3). Might want to consider using the same setup you have with Know Languages for the Expert skill for ease of use.
Added skill selection in  this test game .  Please take a look, and see if this is any better.  More stuff planned, but this is all the time I have this weekend.
Fixed the Savate (2), Weaponsmith & Pharmaceuticals (2), and Gyro Tech (3)
Here's some feedback concerning the current test sheet: The biggest thing remaining in terms of functionality is the ability to add reflex skills to the skill you roll for your weapon using the Weapons tab under Combat; so for example, if a player wanted to add a Supplemental martial art such as Sambo, they aren't able to add Martial Art: Sambo as a Reflect skill AND select it for a weapon roll, unlike say Boxing or Akidido. However this is easy to proxy with an unused Martial Art and is no big deal. Making the background for the sheet itself a solid black seems ideal as opposed to the hex background, aesthetically. The rolls for the Run.Net are Red and Green as opposed to every other roll, unsure if intentional. Kinda jarring. Modular skills seem to work fine; I would perhaps add an "Other Special Ability" option to create a skill not bound to a Stat, for Supplemental SA's like Kith.  Aesthetically when it comes to editing the Modular Skills its a little weird to have to untick the Setup and select skills Red to have them on the sheet as opposed to reversing those colors. (IE: If I wanted to get rid of all other Special Abilities except Authority, I click it white and make everything else red.) Very minor. Other than this, I cannot see anything else that jumps out at me. Seems complete. Excited to be able to play around with a modular skill sheet in game. :)
Adding the reflex skill from a repeating field is beyond my ability.  The folks who made the D&D sheets seemed to have done it- just guessing- but I don't know how. ...okay.  I relent.  Solid black it will be. Since Run.net was an option, I kept it different.  It's not in the core game, so the jarring part is...well, appropriate?  In my eyes, at least. I can fix it, if you think its too much. I will explain my desire to avoid adding an "add your own special ability" bit.  Almost every special ability adds to a particular set of skills or attributes.  I don't know how to link it to a repeating field.  So whatever extra special ability is added, it won't add to a particular skill.  So any extras will be very different than the based.  However, other than that, there is no other reason for me not to add a special ability repeating field.  If you think my reasoning is enough, cool.  If not, say so and I will add a repeating field to the special abilities.  The check box next to the attribute highlights all or none.  So you can either pick all the ones you want to show, or all the ones you don't want to show, depending on what works.

Edited 1514186472
BG
Pro
Not a problem. Haha. I'm Sorry. EDIT: I think a background can work, I'm just not sure what.  No, that makes sense. I don't use it personally. I was just unsure if it was intentional or something you may have missed. Almost, but not all. Off the top of my head there are SAs like Chameleon, Kith, Gang Rank(?) and some others that aren't bound to an Attribute, which is where I'd add the Special Ability however I can see that these are a lot rarer than those that are - It's definitely easier to add something like Vehicle Zen to Reflex Skills or something than having it under SA and not adding REF to the roll. I'd personally switch the colors for that; Red for off, White for on. But in either case it works great.

Edited 1514263679
BG
Pro
One more QoL change I can think of; the Expert skill should be setup the same way Know Language is on the sheet, as it is very similar in application. EDIT: Found a bug. Other Body Skills & Other Cool Skills are referencing INT rather than their apprioriate attribute.
BG said: One more QoL change I can think of; the Expert skill should be setup the same way Know Language is on the sheet, as it is very similar in application. EDIT: Found a bug. Other Body Skills & Other Cool Skills are referencing INT rather than their apprioriate attribute. Done.

Edited 1514367830
BG
Pro
Still messing around with the sheet: Expert skill cannot be hidden. Clicking the "Other Special Abilities" field off or on affects all fields within that category. Do you plan on making any changes to the sheets design? I think it looks fine but I know some people wouldn't say no to a color scheme similar to the current 5e sheet either. I know 2020 isn't widely played anymore but surely there's folks out there with some input. EDIT: I've noticed something when it comes to Cybernetics, Humanity Loss and it's interaction with Empathy. According to the rulebook, pg.73 For every ten points of Humanity Cost, the character loses one point of Empathy (unequal values are rounded down). For example, say I add four new cybernetic devices for a total Humanity Cost of 36. I will lose 3 points of empathy. However on the sheet, if I give myself 36 Humanity Loss at 8 Empathy, I'm down 4 points. It seems the sheet rounds up, whereas the rules seem to say you should be rounding down when calculating Empathy lost. At least that's how it reads to me?
No, I don't plan on making any more color scheme changes to match D&D.  As long as people can read it and the style suits the genre, I am okay. Fixed them two things.
I agree with BG, the humanity costs in particular ought to be fixed as soon as possible as it affects a fairly crucial attribute.
Test game here , I think fixed the Humanity 
So, taking the 'Bufe Rogruxu' as an example here; He has 10 EMP and 13 HL, should be 9 EMP but the test sheet still calculates as 8. It's 1 Emp loss for every 10 HL.
Bugger.  Okay, I think I fixed it.  
I have to give thanks for fixing up the sheet. Me and a group of mine wanted to do 2020 for a few monthes now but there seemed to be something wrong with the sheet at the time. Perferably if i could get into html I'd like to look into making a sheet using the datafortress updated rules for 2020, simplifies things a bit so new players arent so intimidated. I know i had to do a whole juggling act when trying to get my regular 5E players to wrap their heads around interlock itself, let alone a system thats almost 30 years old at this point.  Thanks again though. Your work is appreciated.
First, what is wrong?  If it is wrong, I need to fix it. Second, here is the  html and  css .
He's referring to updating the mechanics of the sheet for use with the fan-made stuff from datafortress2020. Not really a fix, imo.
As much as I love Datafortress and what they have done, I will not update the "offical" sheet to match fan made material.   Now, if you wanted me to make Cyberpunk: Data Fortress Awesomeness , that might strike a different cord.  And a lot of reading on my part.
Think you'd do the sheet for Cyberpunk Red if it comes out this year? It'll use modified Fuzion I believe, so maybe an edit to the existing Fuzion sheet would work.
I think  I will.  Unless some one who is better does it, or anyone else does it first. 
Hey there, been using the sheet for the last couple of months and it works great. One thing you might want to consider adding at some point is a place in the Run Dot Net section to keep track of the Netrunner's familiarity points. As it stands, while you can input familiarity points when creating "programs" there's no place on the sheet itself to keep track of them. Thanks for the great work.