Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Something different

Hello everyone. As you may all know, people are used to the typical, D&D5e fantasy setting. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that but sometimes you just want to play something different, this doesn't disregards the sytem itself, just that it's something different. So what am I looking for? Well mostly anything is ok but there are a few things I don't enjoy. I don't like westerns and modern at all and as for horror. Well I don't generaly like horror. I'm fine with a zombie appocalipse game for example, if we're not making players roll to see if they are afraid of zombies and such. I prefer my characters to be on the heroic side rather than the realistic side of I don't know how to deal with this and getting ptsd. It just doesn't makes me feel engaged. As for what game systems I know... Well I know a few but I'm willing to learn any game system so that's not really an issue. There is only 2 things I'd note about game systems. One is that character creation must be entirely up to me. For example fate core has your character being partially made by other people in the group and I don't get invested into my character unless I am the one to fully create it (of course this is not to say I wouldn't play fate core if the GM just said, let's ignore that rule and I get to fully create it myself). The second is, I don't like game systems that use completely outdate rules that have been overturned with time. An example would be game systems that have you roll for attributes in order rather than allow you to place stats where you want. The reson for this should be obious but I'll explain non the less. It's fun to make the character you want to play, not the character the dice told you play. I guess all that's left is what time I have available. All days except fridays and sundays and starting anywhere between 7pm and 11pm (starting latter than 11pm might be difficult but possible, it would have to be something that really calls to my heart though) GMT.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
If you are interested in a high fantasy system then look no further. I have created a mixed dice chart called the "WoE system" that deals with d20s and 3d6s. The world is built around the destruction of the "Ancient Ones" and how humanity adapts to surviving the through the end of times. This campaign is classified as "Hardcore" and will involve harsh fast paced combat with immersive heart wrenching rp.  Im Looking for 3 people total to experience the ride. Let me know if you are interested .
If the game falls within my time, shot me up the rules (since you've created them) and I'll say whether or not I'm interested.
Bump.
Bump.
I recommend you read Mutant: Year Zero and Battle Raptors. They are different from other games and quite fun. The first one is about a postapocalyptic world where there are no humans and every player has mutations. Explore the wasteland and its perils, build a fort of hope, fight for faction power. The second one is about oilpunk pilot fighters, exploring, fighting, pirates, intrigues, secrets!  Both are different and fun to play. And they are also very easy to DM, so you could give it a try! 
I'm looking for someone who needs/wants a player for their group if it fits in the description I mentioned above. I have no problems with learning the system, but I'm not gonna be learning a system on purpose if it's not to actually join a game.
1) Supers? 2) Saturdays from 9-10 PACIFIC (We're 8 hours apart, right? so 5-6 for you?) until 2-3 Pacific? 3) Probably just you, unless I get more interest?
I can only start after 7 pm GMT so that's 11 am pacific. As for the game, I want more people and of course, like at least a couple more, 3 to 5 people total would be an ideal sized group. I'd be wanting to hear what you had in mind. What system you're thinking and the setting.
I can do 11 my time. And yes, 2-3 people would be best for me, but I'm happy to begin with 1. The setting is my own, but a reboot of a setting I've run for years, so you won't need to worry about beginning in a game with a ton of baggage. Delta Factor: Changed lives in an Unchanged World This isn't four color, spandex-wearing, SUPERHEROES. This is a world which until recently has matched our own beat for beat (how recently is something we'll decide together. How "new" do we want supers to be?). You play someone who, up until recently, has been an ordinary, average person. But now you're not. My ideal is Day One. The world was normal yesterday, and TODAY it's not anymore. YOU were normal yesterday, but TODAY you're something new. This all has a common cause, which does restrict the source of powers, but the actual powers should only be limited by imagination and the agreed-upon power level we choose. A lot is open to discussion, but I envision a singular event which changes many at once, with the PCs being among the stronger. None strong enough to fight the toughest foes ALONE, but strong enough to take on anyone if they can work together. But again, this is open to discussion and guidance from the players. Prefer something grittier, street level? Totally doable. Much of the game will be about the becoming. You're this something new now, in a world which simply isn't ready for you. How will you deal with the world and how will it deal with you? There'll also be a bit of cooperative worldbuilding to help decide what you most want to get out of play. I draw a lot of inspiration from Wild Cards, Aberrant, and more recently AMP: Year One. I prefer a lot of RP and interaction, and I prefer to restrict fights to the moments that matter. Exact system is open to discussion as well. I've been using the AMP: Year One rules, but with some hacks to make it fit my setting. A lot of it is setting specific, so I've had to make alterations, but it works. But that's one that's complex enough that I'd want each player to have a copy to use. Other systems I've run/can run include Wild Talents/One Roll Engine (Last I checked, the essential edition PDF is only $5 on DrivethruRPG), An Over the Edge hack (Super lite rules so simple no-one needs to own a copy), a Dogs in the Vineyard hack (awesome for pushing conflicts, for making players decide how much risk is too much; some strategy in how you use the dice, but not hard to learn), Masks or Worlds in Peril (both Apocalypse hacks), Valiant Universe RPG, and several other rules light, indie games. Also, I'd be happy to try the Cypher System. It's tiering seems possibly suited to my concept of Delta Classes. This is a concept I've run for the last ten years, but the world will be a reboot, yours to help create.
There is high fantasy living campaign that might interest you:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83048/the-land" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83048/the-land</a>...

Edited 1512209887
Alfodr, living campaigns are not my thing but thanks for asking. I like when people play on a fixed day with a fixed party all at the same level and I like 100% by the rules or if not, only when it beneficts the players. Nothing tastes worse in my mouth than having my character do something only to have the DM saying I can't when the rules allow me to because all my actions leading to that point were made with the assumption that I could do it and suddenly I'm in a terrible spot because a DM decided to just change the rules and not tell me previously. I am a fan of characters being competent and knowing what they are doing! I also like characters to be powerful so it once again falls out of what that world has to offer since apparently they don't like min-maxed characters. As I said, I like my power fantasy. Teller, normally I don't like modern settings as I did note above but I'd be willing to give this a try. I don't know any of those systems so I really can't pick one and I'm not really about to go and grab books for each system to decide which one is best. However Fate Core using the Venture City rules is a rules light system that fits what you want to do, even better the SRD has all the rules online so no one needs to even get any books at all. The only thing I dislike about Fate Core is regarding the character creation where you have characters cross paths since it feels to me that haracters interfere in eachother's character creation which isn't great but this is a rule we can play without and everyone just creates their aspects without doing the path crossing. Lastly, I'd like to reinforce that I want more players, I don't feel like just 1 or 2 players is fun for me, I like having other people there to roleplay with as well.
Hello! I am currently trying to find people interested in a star wars game and I don't know how you feel about star wars but its definitely&nbsp;more on the heroic side of things :P. I want to apologize now, my reply will be short as I don't think I have alot&nbsp;to fill it out with and I feel almost a little bad for not being able to match your length but I'll be to the point. I play my games in a balance of light and dark, good and evil with a pretty decent mix of intrigue, roleplaying and combat. in my opinion good is not just a default state of mind and sometimes it will be easier to do a bad thing to get what you want, but the point is I will never force a choice on you or any other player, but there will be conflict internally with some of the harder choices you may have to make in your journey. being a hero isn't easy and you will carry the weight of the universe on your shoulders and it will on occasion try to crush you. but the choice will always be yours and your parties. if your interested please tell me and I'll link you too the discord chat :]
I have mixed feelings about starwars Gizmund. My problem is that there is no good system to play it. Saga is ok, but it needs changes because it treats the dark side in a very poor manner. Like using dark side powers shouldn't be something that just gives dark side points, it should always depend on how the power is used. There is also no track of light vs dark but instead there is only DSP to be attributed which is a major problem for me as it doesn't reperesents how it should work in my opinion. Then you got older version of star wars both in d20 and d6 forms but they are completely outdated systems which are just not fun for me. Last you have the most recent FFG which I absolutely dread because of the so called "roleplay dice". I like to call them incompetence dice because no matter if you succeed or fail, there is a chance you did something bad and I hate that with a passion. I like characters to be competent. So unless you are using a system that is neither one of those or you are using Saga modified so that the force and use of force powers isn't ridiculous, then I don't think I'd enjoy the game sadly. Which is a pitty since I really like star wars.
I've had a PM also asking about the Delta Factor I mentioned, so potentially 2 at this point. For System, I would never insist people buy anything, so we can pick one of the ones that are so easy no-one needs to buy anything to understand it. The drawback of those systems (for some people) is that powers are a wide open thing. No lists to choose from, no details showing exact capabilities. Just "I can fly real fast 4d" or "I'm Colossus 5d" and such. I like that, but I know some people like more detailed powers.