Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e macro question for multiclassers

I have a player who has a hard time keeping track of how many spells he can prepare, being a Evocation Wizard / Eldritch Knight Fighter. We use the OGL character sheet, and in one of the Features and Traits posts, I'd like to add a macro that will tell him exactly how many he can currently prepare. Sadly I am pretty terrible with figuring out macros (though I can edit them sometimes, as long as I know the pieces that need adding). So if its not to much trouble, either a link to somewhere that would help me would be nice or a the macro that will let me do this (I'm aware it uses the straight brackets but not sure if that affects me posting this so swapped them to the rounded instead) ((Charactername=____)) ((Classlevel+Int_mod)) For the EDF I can just write him the level list compared to spells known. Thank you for the help.
I am assuming that you are using the 5e OGL character sheet. So the main part you are missing is the attribute that actually store the level information. There is @{level} which holds the character's total level, but you want the specific wizard level and the specific fighter level. To get this information it will depend entirely on which class was the first class. Because you say Wizard/Fighter and not Fighter/Wizard, I can assume the the first class is wizard and the second class is fighter for this character. So to get the wizard level for the character you need the attribute @{base_level} and to get the fighter level you need the attribute @{multiclass1_lvl}. If you find that these values are confusing, something that I do for multiclassed character is create attributes for these values. For example in you case I would create two attributes, @{wizard_level} and @{fighter_level}. I would then set the values to these attributes to @{base_level} and @{multiclass1_lvl} respectively. Then I wouldn't need to look up which class is the base class anymore.
Well right now all I need is how make a proper macro to combine the two, and using what you mentioned {{[[@{wizard_level}+@{npcd_int_mod}]]}} I think I am missing something, and it is something obvious
Did you create the wizard_level attribute? Otherwise you will need to use @{base_level}
I got it now, thanks =] [[@{ name |base_level}+@{ name | attribute _mod}]]