Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A buff dropdown box

Hello! To explain my suggestion better, let me explain the situation. A few of my players in my Hell's Rebels pathfinder campaign are having some issues with buffs on the pathfinder character sheet. We have a wizard, a bard, and other things that all provide many buffs in a single combat, including haste, inspire courage, inspire rage, heroism, and others. Some of these buffs can go on and off in a single round of combat. My suggestion is (specifically for pathfinder and the pathfinder character sheet) a buff dropdown box, similar to the initiative order. It would significantly streamline our game if we could just click a button to open my list of buffs and check mark which ones should be on and off. Normally, it might just be easy to remember, but some buffs significantly alter a character's numbers and it slows down the game to have to turn them on and off or mentally figure out what it changes in the moment.

Edited 1511304857
I believe there is an API out there for something along those lines. but it would be nice for those of us who don't have access to APIs. I know I've had to toggle buffs on and off fairly frequently when running a Bloodrager. 
Character sheet specific questions should be posted in the Character Sheets & Compendium section. The Suggestions & Ideas section is meant for suggestions that benefit a majority of users, not just ones that use a specific sheet/game.

Edited 1511311884
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
One API solution(pro perk); use  chatsetattr  to create buff toggles for the PF sheet.   example (I would recommend using the buff's rowid instead of entering a row number, but you get the idea...) !setattr --sel --repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle|[[1-@{selected|repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle}]]
Vince said: One API solution(pro perk); use  chatsetattr  to create buff toggles for the PF sheet.   example (I would recommend using the buff's rowid instead of entering a row number, but you get the idea...) !setattr --sel --repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle|[[1-@{selected|repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle}]] I'm going to preface this by saying I know very little about this API or scripting. Mostly I just stand off to the side and pretend I'm pretty. But if I'm reading this correctly,  This script is essentially trying to toggle the first buff in the buff listing on the character sheet.  If that is the case. I'm having trouble getting it working. At present it appears to do nothing, however I'm not getting any errors and it doesn't appear to be affecting any buffs as far as I can tell with my testing. Is it possible I'm missing something extremely obvious?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Velze Are you seeing a confirmation from chatsetattr in the chat?  Do you have buff bonus types and stacking enabled? (settings|sheet configuration|buffs)  My macro uses the newer version of buffs.  Also, are you substituting the rowid(you can get the rowid from the repeating buff, it's a sub-menu)?  Rowid instead of row number is a better choice unless you need a "global" macro.  

Edited 1511890114
I've tried using the line ID and leaving it exactly as you created it. I'll get the errors if no row/buff exists but no confirmation in chat and no change on the sheet. Vexing edit: I do have buff bonus types and stacking enabled. Thanks again for your help Vince.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Stupid question, you do have the chatsetattr script installed correct?

Edited 1511940227
Yeah So... that might not be as stupid a question as you thought... Edit: Yeah I have it working now.. Sorry for wasting your time but thanks for all your help! <3
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Glad to hear you got it figured out.  Have fun.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .