Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

/FX Delay

Is there a way to delay an fx used in a macro?  Such as  (macro stuff) /fx explode-smoke /wait 0.5 seconds /fx explode-smoke ?
I don't believe you can use any kind of automatic delay or selection in macros, though I might have once seen a kind of hack to use selection (maybe using round, or something like that, since that's a kind of selection).
with out API i do not think so...  PageFX might be able to work this awith token mod... set the FX to Off then use a macro with token mod to turn the FX on.
how do you turn the FX off and on from a macro? Isn't that a table setting?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The PageFX effect can be turned off and on with the interdiction symbol.  You can toggle that with TokenMod using the ! modifier: !token-mod --set statusmarkers|!interdiction However, I'm not sure that PageFX will notice that change since it comes from the API. If you modify the PageFX script, change this at line 387     // Whenever a property of a PageFX token is changed, update its effect.     on('change:graphic', function(obj) {         if(obj.get('name') === 'PageFX') {             // A PageFX token's "interdiction" status marker (the one that             // looks like a "NO, you can't do this!" sign) can be used to             // toggle its fx on and off.             if(obj.get('status_interdiction'))                 deactivateEffect(obj);             else                 _try(function() {                     activateEffect(obj);                 });         }     }); to this:     // Whenever a property of a PageFX token is changed, update its effect. function handleTokenChange(obj) {         if(obj.get('name') === 'PageFX') {             // A PageFX token's "interdiction" status marker (the one that             // looks like a "NO, you can't do this!" sign) can be used to             // toggle its fx on and off.             if(obj.get('status_interdiction'))                 deactivateEffect(obj);             else                 _try(function() {                     activateEffect(obj);                 });         }     }     on('change:graphic', handleTokenChange); on('ready',()=>{ if('undefined' !== typeof TokenMod && TokenMod.ObserveTokenChange){ TokenMod.ObserveTokenChange(handleTokenChange); } }); It should then do the right thing when TokenMod changes the interdiction symbol.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
I just use token mod to turn the interdiction symbol off and then use "!pageFX on" to start the FX.