Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Questions about Modules / Translatability

Hey Guys and Girls!  Im Pretty new to the DnD-World. A Friend showed me this Site. We all have pretty Stuffed Calendars, almost making it impossible to meet up oft enought to play DnD. So we thought about Using Roll20. As for Example we really want to Play the Storm Kings Thunder from Wizards of the Coast. However as far as i see it the whole Campaing is in Englisch. As we are by no means native englisch Speakers, Germans to Note that. I would like to know, if I have to Translate the Module Myself after Buying it, or if there is a German Version to Purchase / Get.  Or if it is even Possible to get the Text from the Module to Copy it into a Translator and just ease out the Grammar Errors? All and any Help is very much Appreciated. Thanks!
I also prefer translated texts. As far as I know the translation of WotC-Content in digital form has not been licensed yet.  Perhaps an integration of an translation service like deepl or google is an interesting and legal option. Could be something for the suggestion forum. Bernd
as a default i believe roll20 will be english release first. if you  need a localized version wou make need te either copy and paste the hangout text into google or find a tranlated copy thur another sorce to use when running 
@Findulas: Thanks for your Answer! Though, as i didnt have a chance to see for Myself: Can i Copy&Paste text from the Bought Module?  Sounds a bit fishy i know, but if its Possible, then i could use a Separate Translator and Save it as a Note of Some Sort´and get my Party going. Something like: Buy "Storm Kings Thunder" - > Start Game -> Copy & Paste Text into Translator -> Copy&Paste Text back into the Game? Thanks alot! Philipp

Edited 1511878288
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
All the module text (i.e. not NPC action descriptions and such) is available as handouts, so you could do that. Of course that will mess up the formatting. In fact, there may also be browser extensions that could do the job for you and translate in place, which may be easier...
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Philipp! Module text is kept as plain as possible in Handouts so folks may use screen readers, translators, or anything else they may need in order to understand the text. We currently have no plans for translating modules, as that is outside our licensing agreement with our partners. Please use whatever translators you need in order to enjoy the game :)