Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Quickly Roll (X) Number of all dice

I've looked around a little, and tried a few things but haven't been able to make it work right for me. Could anyone help me turn this macro: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Dice}} {{d4 = [[d4]]}} {{d6 = [[d6]]}} {{d8 = [[d8]]}} {{d10 = [[d10]]}} {{d12 = [[d12]]}} {{d20 = [[d20]]}} {{d100 = [[d100]]}} Into a macro that asks me the number of dice to roll? To Clarify, I want it to ask me to input a number, and then it rolls that number for each die type. so, number? [10] then it rolls 10d4, 10d6, 10d10, etc. I know how to make it ask me for the value, just not how to make that value apply to each die type. Thank you! ~Chris
Just put this before each roll ?{Number|1}. After the first one you can re-use the input by either repeating the Query entirely, or more simply by just using the same name for the query. So if you ever want to change the query options (for example by making it a dropdown) you only need to make the change to the first query and the rest will follow suit. /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Dice}} {{d4 = [[?{Number}d4]]}} {{d6 = [[?{Number}d6]]}} {{d8 = [[?{Number}d8]]}} {{d10 = [[?{Number}d10]]}} {{d12 = [[?{Number}d12]]}} {{d20 = [[?{Number}d20]]}} {{d100 = [[?{Number}d100]]}}
Hey, that's exactly what I needed, thank you! :3