Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Eclipse Phase 2.0 Quick-Start scenario in 2 or 3 weeks

Edited 1512888031
Hello All, I am checking the interest for those wanting to try out and play the new Eclipse Phase Quick-Start (Second Edition) scenario:  Acrimony.  It is available on Drive Thru for those interested.  I want to give the new rules and mechanics a test run and I am sure I am not the only one. I want to state that new players are welcome. I have run the game before but there are changes to the game mechanics. Discord will be used for this voice only game.  The day and time have yet to be decided, I am looking at running it in 2 to 3 weeks.  I am also seriously considering running this scenario more than once.  The game should only last a game session or two. I do not care if players read the scenario in advance, try to keep the metagaming to a min please if you do so.  Even though I have run the game before, it has been a while so I will be rusty.    I will be looking at this as a learning experience for myself and the players.  Because EP is a sci-fi setting I want anyone asking to join to add what their favorite sci-fi movie, tv show or book is.  I do try to stay close to what is written but I can go setting lite at times.  Players will be using the pre-gen characters for the scenario, I believe that is the easiest way to go.  So if you have any questions feel free to ask here or send me a PM. Link to the game listing
Have not tried 2.0 I did beta the original and we made characters for a campaign but it never got going. So at this point I'm basically a complete noob with this system. I'd like to try it out though and see if it's the right blend for me. I prefer more player agency with a little less crunch.  But not at the FATE level. :)
I loved eclipse phase from my few experiences though I've unfortunately haven't had much experience with it as my GM has gone awol until 2.0 releases.  Basically, I'm somewhat familiar with the old system and would really like to try out the new system and while I would prefer to try to port over one of my old characters I'm cool with pre-genning.  It's hard to pick a favorite but as for books it would potentially be Dust.  

Edited 1512712830
Erik S said:  while I would prefer to try to port over one of my old characters I'm cool with pre-genning.   Thank you for understanding about the pre-gens. I have multiple reason for wanting to use the pregens. The primary reason,  is that I hope for most involved, it will make playing the one or two sessions easier. 
Appears I most likely will be running the Quick-Start at least two times. I should have at least the first date and time by the end of this coming Monday. 
I have the First Edition EP book but I've never run, nor played it.  I'd be interested in trying the new system out, though I am a total noob to the system.  I have tons of varied RPG experience going back to the Red Box in the 80s.  Favourites: that's tough, since I consume (and have consumed) tons of sci-fi media...  Hamilton's Night Dawn trilogy is pretty cool. The Expanse is a solid recent series on TV. Timing is the biggest limitation for me, so let me know what the timing looks like and I'll let you know if I'm available.
I still have room for the Saturday game I am running.  It will be Dec 23rd at 2pm PST.  We will be using Pregens and Discord for the voice.  The pre-gens are the ones provided in the scenario.  I have the link up top to the listing for more details.  Thankyou for your time and Happy Gaming
Sounds like a blast. I’m free Monday - Thursday evenings EST. I own 2 books from 1.0 but never played with a group before. Very interested if there is room.