Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GURPS Sheet Style 1 Strength Problems

Edited 1512936429
Whenever I make a new character, the Strength property is 5 instead of 10. Any reason for this? Update: Dodge isn't giving appropriate readings. It's supposed to be Speed + 3, but it's just Speed now. Update 2: Strength is 20 points/lvl instead of 10! What's going on? Update 3: Move, as well as all derived stats related to ST, is wrong. 
Anyone? I could use the help. No love for GURPS, I tell ya'
Bumping so a developer can see.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
It's not really a developer issue, it's more of an issue with the Character Sheet Author. If you want a fix, I would recommend contacting them.

Edited 1513046660
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Personally the only issue I have had with GURPS Sheet #1 is that you must manual enter most of the fields so the Attributes area is populated. If not done basically in order, things like Move and Dodge will not auto-calculate - the only solution i have found, when that happens, &nbsp;is to start a new sheet. I have opened a thread to try and contact the authors who designed the sheet to make some changes. See this thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5818947/gurps-ch" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5818947/gurps-ch</a>... So far, not much luck.

Edited 1513072628
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Okay, so I have no idea about GURPS, but I took a quick look at the code. It seems that it's doing some kind of calculation that modifies strength based on fatigue, which messes up all the strength calculations. I guess strength is supposed to be halved when you are fatigued? Anyway, the way this is set up, it messes up the calculation because fatigue starts at max 10, and current fatigue effectively starts at 0, and 0 &lt; 10/3. It's supposed to set fatigue_points to the current maximum if they don't exist, but that clause never seems to trigger because of a bug in the code (and anyway it's hard to detect if the field has never been set by the user). Knowing nothing about the ruleset, would it be sensible to start out fatigue_points at 10, same as the maximum? That should take care of the strength issues. EDIT: Ah, and you can fix things for now by entering your maximum number of fatigue points in the "current FP" box.

Edited 1513091533
My GM has created a GURPS character sheet for our game and it works great.&nbsp; He is consistently adding new features to it.&nbsp; Perhaps you should reach out to him?&nbsp; &nbsp;Scott S-pro member
Jakob said: Okay, so I have no idea about GURPS, but I took a quick look at the code. It seems that it's doing some kind of calculation that modifies strength based on fatigue, which messes up all the strength calculations. I guess strength is supposed to be halved when you are fatigued? Anyway, the way this is set up, it messes up the calculation because fatigue starts at max 10, and current fatigue effectively starts at 0, and 0 &lt; 10/3. It's supposed to set fatigue_points to the current maximum if they don't exist, but that clause never seems to trigger because of a bug in the code (and anyway it's hard to detect if the field has never been set by the user). Knowing nothing about the ruleset, would it be sensible to start out fatigue_points at 10, same as the maximum? That should take care of the strength issues. EDIT: Ah, and you can fix things for now by entering your maximum number of fatigue points in the "current FP" box. That fixed it! Shame that didn't come to me sooner. Thanks my man!
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI I've submitted a pull request that takes care of this problem by giving a default value for fatigue points.

Edited 1513643956
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jakob Could you make a few other simple changes? (At least I hope they are simple) Could you make the text Black (specifically on the Inventory and skills pages), and make the macro icon also Black. Very hard to spot the macro icons sometimes and the font is so small it starts to dissappear into the background (My eryes are nto what they use t be).