Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mind Swapping at a Glance [Prep]

Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
If people need reasons to uphold a masquerade for the duration, here's a few. Anybody going to school will have rumors spread about them pretty quickly if they go off-script. This probably isn't "alien invasion" levels of bad, but it can be embarrassing and troublesome for a long time. Leo needs to attend school regularly, and do well, to uphold his bargain with AEGIS. Jason Quill must make public appearances, and his "brand" (the Foundation, any charitable work his family fortune is providing for, etc.) is vulnerable as well. I see no reason not to tell his human assistants and staff. But... Jason also has access (via biometrics, but also I assume by virtue of just being Jason) to his household's computer systems. The smarter AIs might refuse to accept commands from somebody who claims not to be Jason. Not-Dad in particular has already shown that he won't grant access to an important and useful thing simply for this reason. Retaining access to these AIs is probably important. It's possible that Harry's family has committed him to after-school appearances or other activities for charitable purposes, e.g. mall openings and the like.
That assumes that the grups, once they learn the truth, let us leave League Tower, at least until they can "fix" us. 
But in the spirit of the above, social media will be tricky. Silence may cause rumors (esp if the person is seen in public, and thus is "running silent" on a mission). But posting vocabulary and grammar, not just content, are highly idiosyncratic. There is room for still more rumors, esp among folk like the Ponies. "Why is GiGi talking so much about Doctor Who?  Has she been taken over by a doppelganger? Her mind invaded by a malign influence? Are we being invaded by body snatchers?" 
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: But in the spirit of the above, social media will be tricky. This raises a  CRITICALLY IMPORTANT question .
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: That assumes that the grups, once they learn the truth, let us leave League Tower, at least until they can "fix" us.  That could probably be played four ways. "We have to fix these poor/irresponsible/stupid kids ourselves". A leadership test for Jason: be a team player (let the HHL do it), or stand up for his team's pride (insist that we'll handle it)? "We're gonna keep some of you here for awhile, to fix this and to uh, study the problem. We notified your parents." A test of identity for Adam: go along with a sure-fire fix but be Guinea pigs, or break out but risk the wrath of the HHL? Which one will satisfy his parents' real concerns? "We know it's going to wear off anyway, but let's see how they try to fix it. Don't tell them." Test of power: we're under scrutiny for how we try to solve a mystic curse on us, regardless of who/how. The team unleashes its powers and talks to NPCs. "We know it's going to wear off anyway, but let's see what it does to them as people." A test of character: the HHL wants to know how gracefully we handle the situation in our mundane lives. The go-to-school-as-each-other story.
Bill G. said: "We're gonna keep some of you here for awhile, to fix this and to uh, study the problem. We notified your parents." A test of identity for Adam: go along with a sure-fire fix but be Guinea pigs, or break out but risk the wrath of the HHL? Which one will satisfy his parents' real concerns? The wrath of the HHL?  Oh I can just see this now... ------------------------------- Adam-as-Mercury nervously fidgets in his seat while the HHL calmly explains the situation.  Golem, once finished explaining some accommodations being setup, points to to him to wordlessly prompt him to speak. "Umh, excuse me Mr. Golem, but when you called our parents, what did mine say." Golem smirks, "We didn't actually call them personally.  We have staff contacting them now." Adam slowly sinks into his seat.  Golem raises a curiously eyebrow.  "There's no reason to worry, son.  We've had to pass on worse news than this.  We've got the best..."  Golem never got to finish that thought as one of the support staff walked up and whispered something into his ear.  His brow furrows and then go up in surprise. Golem looks back at Adam and points.  "You're Concord, right?" "Yes sir." "Your mother has an extensive understanding of AEGIS Regulations under the handling of super-powered minors and unnatural phenomenon." "She has an eidetic memory, sir," Adam answers as if by rote.
"She has an eidetic memory, sir," Adam answers as if by rote. If this never happens in "reality", I'm glad I got to see it.