Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Script for linking duplicate token on same map

I am wondering if there is a script that allows a token to move identical to another token. For example. If I have a 3 tokens and one token moves 1 unit north. I want the other 2 tokens to moved forward 1 unit north on the same page. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron's  Twins script may be able to do what you need, I believe it was developed to move tokens on other pages but can likely be hacked/formatted to allow same page use?
that or Bump may work. Bump was designed to link an invisible token on the object layer to a token on the GM layer you can even move the tokens layer to and from layer.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Depending on what you want, Marching Order (available on One-Click) may do the trick. It makes all tokens follow a lead token, for creeping through dungeons.
These are all great suggestions. I messed with twins a bit but I have quintuplets. Twins also pulls tokens to exact location. I will look at bump and marching order today. My objective is to have five different players run the exact same map but each see different things. I thought best way is to have dynamic lighting segment the identical map five times. I do not want the players to know they are on a different map so want them to see the movements of the other players on their portion of the map. Essential grouping the tokens works but gives the players the visual that they are in a grouping and also allows them to ungroup. Hope this makes sense. I really appreciate the feedback. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Twins is designed to kind of do what you want, but across duplicate pages.  It sounds like what you really need is something that will keep slave tokens at a fixed offset from a master token, and apply the same transforms to it (move/rotate/scale).  Then you could set up several views divided as you say, but with minor differences.
The Aaron. Exactly the tokens would be 175 pixels / 25 units apart from one another. And would do exactly as the the master token would. 
The slaves not having visibility settings match the master though.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Probably you'd want the same visibility settings, but you'd not want them to represent the character.  So, they'd shed light, but not give the player additional vision.
Exactly as long as the player controlling the master does not get visibility on the other duplicated screens. No party members use torches only darkvision. All creatures also use darkvision. If I can get this to work I have tons of scenarios I can use in this campaign with them. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Roach said: [...] If I can get this to work I have tons of scenarios I can use in this campaign with them.  Does that mean you're taking a stab at writing it?
I haven't started yet but definitely going to try if nothing comes up. I am not an expert but have some experience with writing the code. Definitely not going to stop trying till I figure it out. I think it would be super valuable for more gms then just myself. 
@The Aaron :  Twin mirroring  is very similar. Is there a way to set up the twin mirroring so that when you move right the other twin moves right instead of left also is their a way to get more then two tokens as a twin? And then is their a way to set up the distance to be 150 px / 25 units apart rather then the distance of the overall page? I think some small adjustments in the twin will do the trick well if possible. 
Hey Aaron. I have figured out how to get the movement accurately using twins. Is there a way to make multiple sets of twins? For instance make a twin of a twin without it removing the initial twin. Once I figure this piece out I have made it work. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You’d probably need to change state.Twins.twins to be an object where token_id properties reference arrays of token ids.