Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Classic WoD Initiative Roller Macro Suddenly Kaput

ACK! For some reason my Initiative Dice Roller Macro for my Classic World of Darkness Campaign suddenly doesn't wanna work anymore. I deleted and reinstalled the API Script as well as the Macro itself (which I had to do in order to get the other regular Dice Rolling Macro to work again, because IT suddenly decided to stop working too) but nothing doing. This is the Macro I was using: !ini ?{Dexterity|2} ?{Wits|2} ?{Celerity|0} ?{Mod|0} ?{ST only?|No,0|Yes,1} I have a game in 2 hours.  Thank GOD I caught the dice roller problem ahead of time but I need an Initiative Roller. Can anybody help me?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
What script?  Are you getting an error in the console, or just no behavior?

Edited 1515191519
This Script on("chat:message", function(msg) { if( msg.type != 'api' ) return; var cmd = msg.content.toLowerCase().split(' '); if( cmd[0] == "!ini" ) { var inputName = msg.who; var list = findObjs({ _type: "character", name: inputName }); var str = ""; if (cmd[5] == 1) str = str + "/w gm "; str = str + "<table border='1'><tr><td align='center'>" str = str + "<h3>Initiative Roll</h3></tr></td><tr><td>"; var roll = Math.floor((Math.random()*10)+1); str = str + "Dexterity: " + cmd[1]; str = str + "<br>Wits: " + cmd[2]; str = str + "<br>Celerity: " + cmd[3]; str = str + "<br>Mod: " + cmd[4]; str = str + "<br>Roll: " + roll; str = str + "</td></tr><tr><td>" var count = 0; count = roll + parseInt(cmd[1]) + parseInt(cmd[2]) + parseInt(cmd[3]) + parseInt(cmd[4]); str = str + "<b>Total: </b>" + count; str = str + "</td></tr></table>" if (list.length == 0) { sendChat("player|"+msg.playerid, str); } else { sendChat("character|"+list[0].id, str); } var turnorder; var turnorder; if(Campaign().get("turnorder") == "") turnorder = []; //NOTE: We check to make sure that the turnorder isn't just an empty string first. If it is treat it like an empty array. else turnorder = JSON.parse(Campaign().get("turnorder")); //Add a new custom entry to the end of the turn order. turnorder.push({ id: "-1", pr: count, custom: msg.who }); Campaign().set("turnorder", JSON.stringify(turnorder)); } }); The Console says there's some sort of conflict between two macros but how can that be if the two I have mentioned (the dice roller and Initiative Roller) are the ONLY two I have ever loaded and used?  Like, quite literally, ONE minute the two macros worked and then I go back to the game, having done NOTHING to it Macro-wise and suddenly neither macro works until I delete and reload the script and both macros, and even then now the Initiative roller won't work...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Can you post the macros you're using?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
And the text of the error stating the conflict.
Well, I already posted the macro for Initiative... And now the console's not registering an error at all...completely blank except for stating it's running a sandbox.... I give up...I'm a paper and pencil RPG guy, I am not an @^@#*!'ing coder or scripter...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, when you say macro, you are referring to that script. You should call that a script since macro means another thing often used to call a script and it will be confusing otherwise. 
As I have come to understand, in order to run Macros, you need to have a Script enabled in your campaign.  Thus I have been led to believe that Macros are the things that you put into the part of the campaign where it calls for macros, and Scripts are what you put into the part of the Campaign (ie: the external settings cog) to make the Macros run.  I don't think I've mis-named anything.  I showed you the Macro I used - successfully up until last night - that plugged into or was permitted to be used by the Script, which I also showed you specifically on demand. So, I dunno, if this:  !ini ?{Dexterity|2} ?{Wits|2} ?{Celerity|0} ?{Mod|0} ?{ST only?|No,0|Yes,1} is a Script, then it shouldn't be stuck into a place called 'Macros'...no?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, my mistake. Sorry about that. Terminology-wise, it's probably best to just call this: !ini ?{Dexterity|2} ?{Wits|2} ?{Celerity|0} ?{Mod|0} ?{ST only?|No,0|Yes,1} The command you call to execute the script.  It could be in a macro, or an ability or directly in the chat. Regardless, I see what you mean now. Are you running this game on the Dev Server or Production server?  Also, is this still failing?
I don't understand your question about which server.  I'm just a run of the mill service subscriber.  I have no information beyond that - and yes, the macro/script/command is still failing and I still have no idea why.