Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[3.5] Damage calculator showing 0 damage when it should be an actual number

So when the GM uses a macro for an attack for his NPCs sometimes the damage will calculate to 0. we know whats causing it to show up as 0 we just don't know why it only happens sometimes and not all of the time. when we hover over the damage at the end of the thing it will say ++0 instead of just +0 so we know that the second plus symbol is what is making it come out as 0 total we just don't know how to fix it or why it only happens sometimes. if anybody has suggestions to fix this that would be great thanks.
Most likely the macro is +@{attr1}+@{attr2} and attr1 has an empty value, which is resulting in +EMPTY+0 and showing as ++0. Hope that helps. Without seeing the code for the macro, we cannot know for certain.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Noah B. said: So when the GM uses a macro for an attack for his NPCs sometimes the damage will calculate to 0. we know whats causing it to show up as 0 we just don't know why it only happens sometimes and not all of the time. when we hover over the damage at the end of the thing it will say ++0 instead of just +0 so we know that the second plus symbol is what is making it come out as 0 total we just don't know how to fix it or why it only happens sometimes. if anybody has suggestions to fix this that would be great thanks. If it is giving you a ++, check your input and make sure you do not have an extra + in there. The macro would help people understand and figure out what might be happening. If the macro is using attribute fields, make sure that the + symbol is not included (+3 instead of 3) in the field.
I asked my GM to give me the code for the macro and this is what he sent me so i don’t know if this is useful or not but here it is First part of roll to hit: 1d20cs>@{weapon2critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +@{epicattackbonus}[Epic AB] + @{weapon2stat}[Ability] +@{size}[size] +@{weapon2enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon2focus}[Weapon Focus] + ?{Flank (1=yes)|0}*2[Flank] +?{Power Attack? (put in penalty with negative sign ie -3)|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Attack Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Atk Bon] Second part roll to hit: &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon2name} }} {{attack1=hitting AC [[ @{weapon2attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon2attackcalc} ]] }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: [[ d20 ]] }} {{damage1=for [[ @{weapon2damage} ]]dmg}} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon2crit} ]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag= [[ 0d1 ]] }} Full attack: &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon2name} }} {{attack1=A1: [[ @{weapon2attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon2attackcalc} ]] }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: [[ d20 ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ @{weapon2damage} ]] }} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon2crit} ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|No, 0d1|Yes, d1} ]] }} {{attack2=A2: [[ @{weapon2attackcalc}-5 ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ @{weapon2attackcalc}-5 ]] }} {{damage2=D2: [[ @{weapon2damage} ]] }} {{critdmg2=+ [[ @{weapon2crit} ]] }} {{attack3=A3: [[ @{weapon2attackcalc}-10 ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit!: [[ @{weapon2attackcalc}-10 ]] }} {{damage3=D3: [[ @{weapon2damage} ]] }} {{critdmg3=+ [[ @{weapon2crit} ]] }} {{attack4=A4: [[ @{weapon2attackcalc}-15 ]] }} {{critconfirm4=Crit!: [[ @{weapon2attackcalc}-15 ]] }} {{damage4=D4: [[ @{weapon2damage} ]] }} {{critdmg4=+ [[ @{weapon2crit} ]] }} Damage: &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}'s @{weapon2name} }} {{damage1=does [[ @{weapon2damage} ]]damage}} {{fullattackflag= [[ 0d1 ]] }} he also told me that it is most common in damage but it apparently shows up at other times too