Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Commissions for API writer or those with similar means

Edited 1515936287
hi there i have a rather unusual thing that i want to do. i no matter how i search for it i can't find any concrete basis for the idea( if i slipped a gear, and now beyond the scope tell me so,),  OK so here is the skinny were not playing a dungeon crawl wear playing a high narrative superheros game. and I've been working on live2d cubism 3.0 (i guess character animator cc form adobe could also work but...) models to portray the npc's. theoretically you can play video through animation api if you had a java script means to take every n seconds and pass it to the api as a framework (well as you can tell i might not know what i'm talking about.), so i need help but paid help, the best. i whant a kind of map that acts as a video chat or the opposite. is this doable and if so how much would it cost and how long would it take?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I’m not completely sure what you’re asking for, but if it boils down to “make video play as a map on the Roll20 Tabletop”, the answer is “yes, in an extremely limited fashion.”  You’d need to preload every frame as an image, then have an api script that changes the image on some interval. It would be a very low frame rate (like 5FPS) and unless the frames are very simple, you’d not be able to do too many of them. It would be a huge pain to configure. 
can some one at least do something to allow the GM avatar/video chat to  take up the screen and not be covered by  players avatars?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That’s not possible with the API. The API can only manipulate elements of the game, not the user interface.