Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Error with API

Hey guys, Anyone else getting this error? It just started and I haven't made any changes to my API's.
(This will look awkward now...) Hello doppelganger ;) Which scripts are you using? Or is it completely blank and no scripts installed at all? 
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That means that one of your scripts is taking a long time to do something and the API believes (maybe correctly, maybe not) that one of your scripts has crashed in an infinite loop. Just restart the API. If it occurs again, maybe you can start debugging which script is responsible for it, but otherwise I wouldn't worry and just restart the API.
turn one API off at a time to find which one did it most likely the last one you changed or added 
Its not his scripts, its happening to me on the dev server as well. Its just the dev server screwing up.

Edited 1516317767
Yea, it's not the scripts. I've already went through troubleshooting, also, (as mentioned before) I haven't made any changes to the API. EDIT:  I just went through disabling each API one at a time. Then disabling all of them. Still the same issue, until I got all of them disabled. Then it gave me the error that it could load any, be cause no script listed.
Hi Arthur, We were running into a few issues yesterday with the servers. Is this still occurring for you?

Edited 1516397782
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is still happening on the Dev server.  I disabled each of my scripts, and when it gave the error that there were no scripts I created a new one that consisted solely of  { } It is currently telling me that this script contains an infinet loop. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Still happening for me.  No API on Dev...
Is there an ETA on a fix for this? I have a game starting 1 week from today, and not being able to use the API will severely inhibit the game play.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I used to run most everything on the Dev...  IMO, the Dev server has notoriously been an afterthought on roll20 unless there's a cool new feature that needs to be tested.  Not blaming anyone.  I get that the Dev server is for testing and comes with the caveat of "no guarantees".  After the latest issues with the API, I copied all my Dev games to the main server this week. 
I'm not getting the API on the Production server either. 
Sorry for the delayed response! API issues should be fixed now, are you still getting some issues?
Yea, I'm still getting the "Possible infinite loop detected" error.
Alrighty, I will be escalating this to the devs and see what we can figure out for you. Most of the team usually has the weekend off, so it might not be until Monday when I can get an answer for you. Thank you so much for your patience in this :)
No, worries, I just hope it can be fixed by Thursday. (Crossing fingers)
Drespar said: Alrighty, I will be escalating this to the devs and see what we can figure out for you. Most of the team usually has the weekend off, so it might not be until Monday when I can get an answer for you. Thank you so much for your patience in this :) It should have been escalated well over a week ago, considering I posted about this error on the 14th.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The dev server's API build was wrong for while, that's my bad. The API on dev should now, at least, be the same as production. This will fix some people in this thread's issues with Dev. Arthur, since yours is broken on both production and dev, can you link me (just a link to the game details, NOT an invite link) to a game of yours that has the broken API in it? You can PM it to me, if you'd like. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Edited 1517334695
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I just want to say that for me (problem described above) it is still broken on Dev, but working fine on production. 

Edited 1517351683
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Dev should be fixed, now. Turns out our API build server had some uncommitted changes that I wasn't seeing, so the build on dev was getting some upgrades I wasn't expecting, and that the dev server wasn't ready to handle. Nuked said changes, rebuilt and uploaded to dev, and Arthur's api scripts loaded without issue. I'm following this thread, so please let me know here if you see any more related issues.
Hey Phil, Just wanted to let you know...all is working well!
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, working here as well. Thanks.