Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with light sources

Not sure if this is a bug but... I am trying configure my game so that those characters with darkvision can still see light sources (such as braziers or candles etc). At the moment I am not able to do it and I have no clue what I am doing wrong. This is how far I have got. On the GM layer I can see the character's vision as well as the light emitted by the candles and braziers. However, when I rejoin as a player, giving myself permissions to move and use the character, I see this. (btw I rejoined as player since I read somewhere else on the help forums that ctrl+L only let's you see the character vision, not everything they might see, or something. I tried ctrl+L anyway and got the same result as the screen shot below). Then, when I move the character's line of sight I can see the tokens but they are not emitting any light. I know it's something I am doing wrong, so could someone help me fix this? Thank you in advance.
Make sure that the candles have the "All Players see light" setting checked.
Kyle G. said: Make sure that the candles have the "All Players see light" setting checked. Yup, they do and did have in the screenshots too.
What value did you set in the multiplier field? It looks as if you have bright light everywhere.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Claire. If you post screenshots of your page settings and the token settings it might help the community diagnose the problem.
Ok, I think it might be solved but am just double checking: These are the settings for the player token: And it now looks like this which I think is right: