Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting [again sorry]

Edited 1516458540
To save me using trial and error again and again I am trying to settle on token settings that I can then just copy paste. So my questions are: What player token setting should I have (in advanced) in order for a darkvision character to see light sources? What player token setting should I have (in advanced) in order for a non-darkvision character to see light sources? What should the settings be assigned to the light source itself in order for everyone to see it? I know these settings change, especially how much light is emitted, but I really just need the general, universal settings for the above. I have managed to get it all to work but I'm not entirely sure how  I got it to work, ya know? :(
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A player with darkvision will need: has sight = TRUE Emits light = TRUE (set values to suit your system) All players see light = FALSE Without darkvision you just need: has sight = TRUE Light sources only need the following: Emits light = TRUE (set values to suit) All players see light = TRUE You'll also need to make sure that the page settings have: Dynamic Lighting = TRUE Enforce Line of Sight = TRUE Restrict Movement = TRUE The  wiki can tell you all about it :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's a nice cheat sheet. It would solve a lot of beginner problems. Although it's all on the  Example Page linked from the wiki page you reference, it's a very concise list.