Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Pathfinder][GMT -7][LF 4-5 Players] Pathfinder game for players new to the system or new to tabletop games.

Edited 1516581693
About Me: My name is Chris. I am thirty years old. I got started with 3.5e about two years ago when a friend asked me if I would like to try sitting in on a game. I have since tried 5e and Pathfinder with the latter now being my favorite. I have been a DM for a little over a year but it has been in Play-By-Post (PBP) format, which is a bit different than playing live. I can no longer get friends together on a regular basis to keep a game going so I thought I would try Roll20. I would prefer a long-term group rather than only a few sessions. Time: I live in Arizona, which technically has its own time zone, but we are currently the same as MST or GMT -7:00. I am available weeknights 7-11pm and all day on the weekends. Right now I am thinking Wednesday nights but open to other days. Games would ideally be once a week.  Adventure Paths to choose from: Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Ruins of Azlant. I have a few others but I am already running those for a couple of PBP games. I also have several short modules that can be played individually or linked together. The game: Since this will be catering to newer players I will likely try to keep things minimal where I can. Point-buy will likely be 15, which is what the games are designed around. Races/Classes might be restricted to Core Rulebook only. This is all dependent on the players selected and their level of comfort. Not likely to be dabbling in any third-party material. The below information is what I would like to see if you are interested. Please post it here rather than by PM so that I have everything in one place. First Name: Age: Tabletop Experience:  Times/Days Available: What are you looking to get out of the game? What about Pathfinder caught your interest? Preference on Adventure (if you have one): Character Idea/Concept:  Does not have to be for this game. If you have no knowledge of Pathfinder then give me your favorite fantasy character instead, whether it's from a book, movie, video game, or other media. Hopefully I have covered everything. If you have any questions try to post them here so that we can answer it for anyone else that has the same question. If the question only pertains to you then feel free to PM me.

Edited 1516640289
I know you're looking for newer players, but a Wednesday evening timeslot works really well for me (my schedule is very tight), so I'm going to toss my hat in. First Name: john Age: middle-aged Tabletop Experience: A long time, including 7ish years of Pathfinder. Roughly as much GMing as playing. Time/Days Available: Wednesday evenings, Sunday mornings, scattered Saturday and Thursday evenings. I'm in PST, but have no problem starting at 6pm. What are you looking to get out of the game? I have limited time in my life, but a love of gaming, and a desire to game more (and more regularly). I'm new to Roll20, and would consider running a game myself one day, but would really like experience playing and using the interface first. What about Pathfinder caught your interest? It has a good level of crunch, and enough familiarity that I didn't feel like I was learning a whole new system from scratch. Preference on Adventure (if you have one): No strong preference, though it's worth noting a have some experience with a couple of the adventure paths. I can go into more detail if we get to a point where that might be a conflict. Character Idea/Concept: I don't have any particular character I'm eager to play. My usual method of doing things is to wait for the other players to set their character concepts, then pick a concept which will 1- fit well with everyone else, and 2- fill in any gaps in the team. In most cases, I prefer making a character that helps everyone else be awesome, rather than looking for the spotlight myself. Again, I know you're looking for new players, and I absolutely understand if you don't want me to be at that table. It's just rare to see games open that fit my schedule, so it can't hurt to ask. I've also got experience as a PFS GM, so I'm comfortable working through rules with new players, so I can be a backup for you in that case (though it's worth pointing out that I recognize I'm not the GM and won't want to do anything to contradict or argue with you -- I'm offering to be a resource, not a lawyer). Let me know if you have any questions for me.
Experience may not be an issue. If there isn't enough interest from new players I will have to fill the gaps with more experienced players, as long as they can be patient when dealing with those that are new.
Hello wraith, I just wanted to throw this up since it caught my eye, myself and 4 friends are looking to start up a pathfinder session but are in need of a DM. We are all new to the game (for the better part of my knowledge) and are still ironing out the basics for our group, only started plotting this group a couple days ago.  I will get the information of the group however I am about to leave for my work shift in a few so won't be able to send it till i get back.
First Name: Steven Age: 24 Tabletop Experience: I've played a session of AD&D and a couple sessions of 3.5e Times/Days Available: Weekdays after 5pm and on the weekends. Usually not available late Saturday though. What are you looking to get out of the game? Hone my improv skills and get more experience with table top games. Possibly make friends. What about Pathfinder caught your interest? Easy access references is a big one. I enjoy high fantasy RPGs in other mediums and pathfinder is in line with that. I've heard that Pathfinder is a bit more metagame/micromanage oriented than 5e or many other games. This is something that intrigues me. Preference on Adventure (if you have one): No preference Character Idea: I like many character constructs so I'm going to just list some stuff. * Classes: Wizard/Sorcerer first, Shaman, Ranger or Bard second, everything else third. * Alignment: Any Neutral first, chaotic good and neutral evil second
Steven, Just to be clear, what timezone are you in? 

Edited 1516680345
First Name: Aaron Age: 39 Tabletop Experience: Played D&D sense 1rst edd Pathfinder 6 or 7yrs Times/Days Available: I have a bi weekly Friday game, A Sunday game and a game I gm when everyone is free no set days. Otherwise I am free. What are you looking to get out of the game? Have fun, be able to escape reality in a fantasy world and make friends What about Pathfinder caught your interest? I always loved D&D 3e and 3.5 and pathfinder is basic D&D 3.75. never liked 4e and 5e D&D. Preference on Adventure (if you have one): Sandbox Character Idea/Concept: I am thinking ether Catfolk Ninja or (race unknown as of now) Sorcerer/Oracle and go into mystic thurg Depending what they party needs skill monkey or magic. My time zone is CST Kansas
I'm in central time, an hour a head of you.
First Name: RJ Age: 30 Tabletop Experience: Many years, I am not a new player but I tend to DM more than actually play. Times/Days Available: Your stated time slot works great. Most evenings at that time slot works well for me, I am same timezone What are you looking to get out of the game? Good Roleplay, exploration, problem solving, putting together mysteries etc What about Pathfinder caught your interest? Pazio has created a great world, I love to explore it. The crunch can be fun and the never ending options are appealing Preference on Adventure (if you have one): None, but I have DM'd RotRL most of the way through. Character Idea/Concept: Does not have to be for this game. If you have no knowledge of Pathfinder then give me your favorite fantasy character instead, whether it's from a book, movie, video game, or other media. I am ok filling a party need most of the time. If restricted to corebook, initial thought would be a Dwarf Druid who struggles with his heritage and his place in the clan. If opened up further, I have a Goblin Druid or Gnome Unchained Summoner that I have been wanting to take for a spin.
First name: Andy Age:  36 Tabletop experience:  Very little. None of my RL friends are interested in RPGs and it’s hard to get an online group that doesn’t break up after just a few sessions . I’m in a play-by-post on the Paizo forum but due to the slow speed of that medium it’s nothing like a real-time game. Times/Days available: I’m MST like you. Available after 7pm weeknights, morning/afternoon on weekends. What are you looking to get out of the game?  First and foremost, I want to actually experience a Paizo AP start to finish. I’ve heard they’re good but the closest I’ve come is a pbp that lasted exactly one post before the GM vanished (more common than you’d think with pbp). It would also be good to develop a few gaming friends for future campaigns. What about Pathfinder caught your interest? I like the depth of the system. You can create characters that feel different even if they fill the same role in a group.  Preference on Adventure (if you have one): No preference . Character Idea/Concept: I can fill whatever role is needed but I’m currently playing a brawler and cleric in other games (pbp) so I’d like to try something else. Maybe an investigator who grew up on the streets or a wizard in search of a magical doohickey of some sort that’s supposed to make me more powerful.
I'm with John, I'm not new but I am interested in playing. I already play pathfinders on saturdays with my family, and am about to end our first AP and I'm about to start DMing our second, Carrion crown. First Name: Randy Age: 26 Tabletop Experience: Not tons, but not a little, been playing pathfinder for almost two years now, ranging from home AP to society. Played a bit of D&D and other small games as a kid.  Times/Days Available: Weekdays after 4PM EST, Sundays; All day. (Saturdays is when we play our home game) What are you looking to get out of the game? Fun and friends, I enjoy a good story and good people. Also laughs. Laughs are always wonderful.  The most important thing is that everyone in the group has fun.  What about Pathfinder caught your interest? If i'm honest, it's cause my wife bought the beginners box on sale for like five dollars, we started playing it on a whim and here we are two years later, about to end the first AP and about to start our second. Preference on Adventure (if you have one): Ruins of Azlant or Crimson throne. I've played through ROTRLs fully. I will willing bow out if you choose to play this as i don't want to ruin the story for others.  Character Idea/Concept: It depends on the AP you choose. I enjoy making a diverse number of characters. My current PC, and my favorite so far. Is Lucuis Kazier, the demon detective. ( Teifling - Investigator - focusing on self buffing of extracts and mutagens - currently level 16)   Let me know if you're still open for players i'm always itching to play some more.  I'm up for Audio/Video as well, will happily chat and assist newer players with PC creation and advice on different items and rules. 

Edited 1517607703
Here's hoping you haven't filled up yet! First Name: Kevin Age: 45 Tabletop Experience: RPGs: I've been playing off and on since I was a kid, though I never was a good role player.  I feel a little more confident in my abilities now and am looking to put them to the test. I currently am loving the simplicity of the Pathfinder rules!  I used to dig Paranoia WAY back.  I'm familiar with the 3.5 rules for d&d. As for other board/tabletop games:  I dig me some munchkin.  LOVE Betrayal at House on the Hill. I actually have an old 2nd edition copy of Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, though I've never played it.  Etc. Times/Days Available :  Weekday after 7 or 8pm CST. (2 kids who never want to go to bed.) Wednesdays might be the better bet but Monday and Friday are good too.  Tuesday and Thursday are busier, but I can still find the time.  Your listed time would work very well. Weekends, during the day is great, though I can probably schedule just about any time. What are you looking to get out of the game? I just wanting some good ole escapism!  Looking to have some laughs.  I'm also wanting to learn so that I can run stuff for my kids as they grow. What about Pathfinder caught your interest? Frankly, the cover, to start with!  *grin*  Also, my brother is a frequently Pathfinder player, and he recommended it.  As I said, the simplicity of the system is a big draw for me.  I can spend more time trying to learn how to do actual role play rather than just combat and dice rolling. Preference on Adventure (if you have one):   Probably not Giantslayer as I'm listening to the Glass Cannon podcast!  *grin*  Otherwise, I really just want to play! Edit: Rise of the Runelords would be fun, though I'm playing the Pathfinder Adventures (ipad) version of the card game... Character Idea/Concept: I don't have anything solid in mind.  I tended to play rogue characters in the past.  I'm becoming more interesting in a support role.  Healing, buffing maybe.  A cleric would be an interesting change of pace! I'm more than willing to go out of my area of comfort. Like some of the others have mentioned, I am ok doing voice and video.  Admittedly, I'm not much of a "looker" and I think my voice sounds a bit too nasally...  Meh.  What can you do, right?
Hey there!  I know you're looking for newbie players first and foremost, which is perfectly fine, but I was hoping of applying.  I'm over on PST (washington state) and your time works out for me perfectly.  I have about 4 years of Pathfinder experience but if things are to remain core then I have some character ideas. First Name:  Trevor Age: 31 Tabletop Experience: 4 years of Pathfinder, 3 years of DnD 5e Times/Days Available: Wednesday and Thursday currently, 6 PM PST onwards. Preference on Adventure (if you have one): Ruins of Azlant, as I have played Rise of the Runelords before and I had a non-core idea for Curse of The Crimson Throne. Character Idea/Concept:  I was hoping of playing a halfling unchained rogue, if that's alright, using a newer archetype that was released recently.  They'd focus on standard rogue stuff such as stealthing, lockpicking, diplomacy and bluffs, etc, but with an added twist- the archetype gives rogues witch hexes as well.  So on top of their normal stealth and sneak attacks, the character's capable of party support through slumber, evil eye, healing, etc.
First Name: Age: 35 Tabletop Experience: 2nd edition,3-Pathfinder, some white wolf, some other stuff. Pathfinder is my favorite I have played since middle school. Times/Days Available: Thursday night, Saturday bi weekly, Sunday until 11:00PM EST What are you looking to get out of the game? I really like exploring characters their are many ideas that I have had that I have not gotten to explore normally because my games of late have had a really small shelf life generally only getting 3 or 4 sessions before it all falls apart for some reason or another. I am looking for a really long term game. What about Pathfinder caught your interest? Generally I have Just never found a system that allows as much freedom without requiring a masters degree to figure out how to roll an attack. Preference on Adventure (if you have one): no preference really I can have as much fun being a sailor on the high seas or scion of an order of dragon riders except for a hard core city intrigue/spy games. I don't mind doing it for a session every now and then but I get board doing it as a rule.  Character Idea/Concept: I would love to explore a redemption character either start out as actively evil or as a Neutral character such as a bounty hunter who doesn't ask enough questions when for who he goes after. but then learns though the game to care about others more than himself. I always wanted to play a Rogue with I Holy Avenger granted to him as a birthright (he would not have to start with it) and then over the course of the game learn how to use it to hunt demons and devils by using Use Magic Device rather than becoming a Paladin or even lawful good. I have a fondness for psionics and love playing really anything with a teleport spell/ability. I have other ideas if you don't like these.
Hello I'm throwing my hat in incase there is still a slot open First Name: Kaleb Age:26 Tabletop Experience:Started with 3.5 and moved through 5e dnd recently started playing pathfinder Times/Days Available: Im available any day after 5pm mountain time except for wednesdays I also will give any updates regarding any changes in my schedule What are you looking to get out of the game? Honestly just a good experience What about Pathfinder caught your interest? the over all custumization when it comes to player character options Preference on Adventure (if you have one):no preference Character Idea/Concept:I usually play a charismatic kitsune (by usually I mean the only character i've made) gunslinger bard. I am open to changing around
First Name: Matt Age: 39 Tabletop Experience: Very little for past 20 years.  None of my friends since then were interested in playing. Times/Days Available:  In the evenings on any day.  I can get on around 8pm EST and play until whenever.  I could probably do 7pm through the week too. What are you looking to get out of the game? I'd like the chance to get to role play and engage in a story, but I also think it would be great to meet some new people to share my interest in rpgs (and hopefully other things) with.  I'm really hoping for a long term game, but I'd be happy to play a shorter game to help garner some experience. What about Pathfinder caught your interest? I had been looking to get into D&D, but after listening to several podcasts I became pretty impressed with Pathfinder.  I think the adventure modules are great, and I prefer some of the rules and combat to D&D. Preference on Adventure (if you have one):  Any would be fine with me. Character Idea/Concept:  I'm very open to what type of character to play, and would happily fill almost any roll.  I'm interested in cleric or bard, but would be willing to try ranger, paladin, or any number of the advanced/newer classes.   The character I had in mind for cleric was a charismatic healer who gets along with everybody.  Nobody has a bad word to say about him, but he also never really seems to make any strong bonds or relationships.  As a result, travels from village to village operating as a traveling healer.