Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D5e RP] Homebrew Long-Term Campaign (First session in 5 hours!)

Howdy, all. So, I'm on a bit of a time crunch. My name's Raccoon, and due to unfortunate scheduling circumstances, I'm in need of a player, possibly two, to participate in a homebrew story I'll be running. The party's composition thus far is a wizard, fighter, cleric, and rogue, though the rogue isn't going to be here for the first session.  The games will be held at 11:30 AM AST, on Mondays or Tuesdays, though our first session will be on this Tuesday in 5 hours at the time of writing this post, and will typically last 3-5 hours with a focus on roleplay. Without further pandering, I'll get to the application process! • If these following points do not sound agreeable to you, then I'm afraid we're looking for two different things. My ideal group would be as follows: • Values their characters' lives. Not running down a hallway that's likely to be trapped just for the fun of it. Death can happen to your character 100%, and it's something that you should care about avoiding. • Own a microphone, and are fluent in English. I'm sorry, but if your accent or lack of vocabulary is a detriment to either yours or the party's understanding, then problems will likely arise. • Is at least willing to partially roleplay. Not "I hit the orc." Obviously roleplaying isn't for everyone and I respect that completely, but if you're interested in playing with this group, I'm sure letting loose and immersing yourself in a game wouldn't be the end of the world. • Immersion and fun will be prioritized over strict mechanics. I love the feeling of creating a character that's strong and capable, but my goal isn't to create the perfect character to outshine everyone else who can do absolutely everything because I laser-focus scanned the rulebook to create the literal best possible build to ever exist. Strong characters are ones that are narrative, living, breathing people. Not a collection of high numbers. If you're playing just to "win", please look elsewhere. You "win" by creating a fun story, regardless of whether the party failed or succeeded. • Being agreeable and friendly. I'm not saying "I'm the DM, I own you, what I say goes no matter what", that's a terrible way of thinking. At the same time though, if something didn't go the way you wanted it to go, maybe your character fudged a roll and fell unconscious, and you ask, "Aw, well I didn't see a gelatinous cube there, can't I at least have so and so?", and I don't allow it, don't raise a big stink. Shit happens, and y'gotta be prepared for the consequences, yo. • Attempting to skirt what's happened by conveniently going "Oh, but a-ha!" An example would be that your character is walking down a hallway, a trap is triggered, the player says "Oh, but I was looking for traps!" even though you said "I walk down the hall", followed by ree'ing when I say "No." to your argument. Don't do this. At best I'll be annoyed, at worst you're in danger of being kicked. Application form: (Don't PM please, just post it here.) • Age and general availability - • Why you want to join - • Your experience with roleplaying and willingness towards it - • What your expectations in regard to the type of game this will be - • What makes you stand out - • What kind of character you want to play (Race, class, BRIEF backstory) - • Extra - In closing, this is a GAME, and fun is important, but playing a character in a realistic, tense situation where death is real is also very fun. However, no individual's fun is going to take precedent over another's. If one person is not having fun because of another person, including myself, then I will do my absolute best to rectify that. Respect your peers, cut loose, and enjoy yourselves. :)
• Age and general availability - Free most times except for mondays and 24 • Why you want to join -  It looks interesting  • Your experience with roleplaying and willingness towards it -  I love heavy rp and if a campaign's 90% rp and 10% combat that's awesome. Been rping since I was 13 and I'm 24 now. • What your expectations in regard to the type of game this will be -  To be honest I want to find ah good, heavy rp, long lasting campaign • What makes you stand out -  I'm ah voice actor and love using it when making up characters.  • What kind of character you want to play (Race, class, BRIEF backstory) - to be honest I've got ah few ideas though I want to know more of the setting before making one up. My discord is William#7031. Message me when you can!
• Age and general availability -  25 and Tuesday  • Why you want to join -  Me and a buddy been looking for a campaign to join for a long time now.  Just havent had any luck as of now.  • Your experience with roleplaying and willingness towards it -  7 years for just DND and many more for RPGS and im far willing tor it • What your expectations in regard to the type of game this will be -  Nothing to comedy and im fine. • What makes you stand out -  I get into my character and role-play very well with other.  Im charismatic and people enjoy being around me and i make them smile. • What kind of character you want to play (Race, class, BRIEF backstory) - When i was young my family thought i was going to die from a rare disease called Ancient Pox that almost killed me. Miraculously I lived but sadly i have pox covering my face as well as my hair is now a grayish white. I look older than i truly am, but that still never stopped me from training under my father as a samurai. Through out the years I meet my wife and had a few kids. Now its time for me to go off on an adventure to provide for my family, and to find my long lost brother!. Hope he is safe out there. • Extra -  I want to Join this game with my buddy His user name is NexusAngel He will be playing my brother as well. Thanks you for reading and i hope you can pick me and my buddy to join this great adventure
• Age and general availability - 24 available mondays and tuesdays • Why you want to join - Me and my buddy are looking for a game to join due to the fact that our other dnd group stopped playing all together • Your experience with roleplaying and willingness towards it - Been playing dnd for almost 2 years and been playing other dnd games all my life. • What your expectations in regard to the type of game this will be - Just something relaxed and laid back, trying to have a good time with a group of people is the most important thing. • What makes you stand out - I am a very outgoing person no matter how my day is going I will always try to make another person smile if I am talking to them. • What kind of character you want to play (Race, class, BRIEF backstory) - Dwarf Barb/battlerager Being the younger brother to Pox GreyBeard was a great honor growing up he was one of the best warriors that our father has ever trained, but than he fell ill. Not knowing how to cure him my parents sent me out to the other settlements of the dwarven colonies to find a cure for him. I have not been home in what feels like years, this wilderness is starting the change me from my civilized demeanor. I hope my brother can hang on just a little bit longer, but i dont know if i can hold on for much longer. • Extra -would like to play with my buddy account name HoboDann
I wanna play