Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] Sheet Default Settings Documentation

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Working on (finally) getting the Savage Worlds Tabbed sheet updated to support default sheet settings.  I found  this bit of information  regarding how the sheet.json file needs to be updated, but can't find anything in the wiki.  Is there more information available? For example, I know we can have a Select style option, but how do I have a visual element with a different value element (for example the drop down shows "Novice", but the value for the sheet is "1")?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Finderski said: Working on (finally) getting the Savage Worlds Tabbed sheet updated to support default sheet settings.  I found  this bit of information regarding how the sheet.json file needs to be updated, but can't find anything in the wiki.  Is there more information available? For example, I know we can have a Select style option, but how do I have a visual element with a different value element (for example the drop down shows "Novice", but the value for the sheet is "1")? Sheet default settings are, alas, not documented. Most things can be indirectly guessed by looking at the sheet.json for the 5E OGL sheet (it has an example for a select too).
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of...and I've been looking at that one to try and figure it out. Given that we can't test these things prior to upload/merging, it would be nice if there was documentation. :-/