Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tome of Beasts Feedback and Bug Thread

Not sure if this is the place for it, but I am still having this problem with ToB assets despite support saying it would be fixed.&nbsp; Original thread is locked so I can't reply.&nbsp; The token "Arbeyach" is the one I used to test this, he still only comes up via map filters, as does the rest of the pack.&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5823928/tome-of-beasts-token-pack-2-showing-up-as-map-assets-not-tokens" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5823928/tome-of-beasts-token-pack-2-showing-up-as-map-assets-not-tokens</a>

Edited 1520211897
Dean
Roll20 Team
Trudy said: This is radical! Thanks so much for the update, Bianca. Just bought this yesterday, and I'm really stoked. Really glad you're continuing to improve the Tome, too. Agreed in thanks to Bianca. ToB has more features coming down the pipe as well! camelotcrusade said: Not sure if this is the place for it, but I am still having this problem with ToB assets despite support saying it would be fixed.&nbsp; Original thread is locked so I can't reply.&nbsp; The token "Arbeyach" is the one I used to test this, he still only comes up via map filters, as does the rest of the pack.&nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5823928/tome-of-beasts-token-pack-2-showing-up-as-map-assets-not-tokens" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5823928/tome-of-beasts-token-pack-2-showing-up-as-map-assets-not-tokens</a> The Tome of Beasts token packs and the Tome of Beasts compendium have no association aside from the source material being from Kobold Press. I do see that your other post was replied to, so with any luck that will be cleared up with the appropriate party!

Edited 1521145539
When I search for monsters that are CR 8, it brings up creatures that are CR 1/8 and 18 in addition to CR 8 creatures. Not sure if this happens with any other numbers.&nbsp; EDIT: This appears to be happening in both Tome of Beasts and the standard Monster Manual, so I'm inclined to think this is just a general Roll20 issue.&nbsp;
The listed Actions for the Awakened Tree are: 1d20 + 6 3d6+4 That's it. Thinking something might have been missed here. :)
Dean
Roll20 Team
EDIT: This appears to be happening in both Tome of Beasts and the standard Monster Manual, so I'm inclined to think this is just a general Roll20 issue.&nbsp; That's correct. We'll update the community when that sorting is worked out. Trudy said: The listed Actions for the Awakened Tree are: 1d20 + 6 3d6+4 That's actually a Monster Manual entry, and is a known issue on the actions as some things are updated on our end. Thanks for reporting both though, always helpful to see regardless!
I found an issue with the compendium... Honestly though, it's a brilliant resource. Thanks!

Edited 1521654752
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
Garroter Crab has a CON score of "&nbsp; '4 &nbsp; " and contains that illegal character apostrophe which throws off a lot of my scripts.
In the Living Wick's "Languages" section, it reads: with the individual who lit it's wick It should read: with the individual who lit its wick Sorry for all the nitpicky discoveries, I'm just really using a lot of the Tome right now in my current adventure. :)
Dean
Roll20 Team
Distorted said: Garroter Crab has a CON score of "&nbsp; '4 &nbsp; " and contains that illegal character apostrophe which throws off a lot of my scripts. Trudy said: In the Living Wick's "Languages" section, it reads: with the individual who lit it's wick It should read: with the individual who lit its wick Sorry for all the nitpicky discoveries, I'm just really using a lot of the Tome right now in my current adventure. :) Both are fixed. Thanks!
Sorry to interrupt.&nbsp; I just needed to report a typo. The Alseid Grovekeeper is listed as being CR 1/2 on the character sheet, yet it's bio states it is actually CR 3, which makes a lot more sense given it's hp and ability.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Nichademus said: Sorry to interrupt.&nbsp; I just needed to report a typo. The Alseid Grovekeeper is listed as being CR 1/2 on the character sheet, yet it's bio states it is actually CR 3, which makes a lot more sense given it's hp and ability. Thanks for the catch. Fixed!
Cross posted from&nbsp; here : The token stats are incorrect for the Breath attack of the Void Dragon Wyrmling. I think it's using an ancient dragon stats for the breath attack. Here are the actual stats from Tome of Beasts. Gravitic Breath. The dragon exhales a 15-foot cube of powerful localized gravity, originating from the dragon. Falling damage in the area increases to 1d10 per 10 feet fallen. When a creature starts its turn within the area or enters it for the first time in a turn, including when the dragon creates the field, must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw. On a failure the creature is restrained. On a success the creature’s speed is halved as long as it remains in the field. A restrained creature repeats the saving throw at the end of its turn. The field persists until the dragon’s breath recharges, and it can’t use gravitic breath twice consecutively. Stellar Flare Breath. The dragon exhales star fire in a 15-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw, taking 10 (3d6) fire damage and 10 (3d6) radiant damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
When I try loading the Tosculi, Elite Bow Raider (CR5), the NPC card only loads up to the Proficiency Bonus for me.&nbsp; All abilities, attacks, etc. are omitted leaving the right half of the sheet blank.&nbsp; I've tried deleting and reloading the NPC, but I get the same result.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Void Dragon Wyrmling has been corrected.&nbsp; The Tosculi bug has been escalated as it is currently unclear why this is occurring. We should know more in the next few days. Thank you for your patience.

Edited 1527652378
Jeff
Pro
I was making some preperations today and noticed that none of the Tome of Beasts tokens do not have any character sheets anymore. I tried opening the Kobold Alchemist and it defaulted to a blank player character sheet. I checked a few others at random and they are all the same.&nbsp;
Dean
Roll20 Team
Jeff B. said: I was making some preperations today and noticed that none of the Tome of Beasts tokens do not have any character sheets anymore. I tried opening the Kobold Alchemist and it defaulted to a blank player character sheet. I checked a few others at random and they are all the same.&nbsp; It's looking fine from my test. Are you in a game that is set to the Official 5e sheet? And if so, can you test again and report back if you're still experiencing this issue?
I am using 5e Shaped. The Kobold Alchemist is working now. It seems that if the shaped sheet does not load properly then no information is pulled. Thanks for looking into it.&nbsp;
Hey, I've noticed that all of the tome of beast Creatures have blank characters sheets with no info other then the lore. How do I remedy this?
Dean
Roll20 Team
Fortitude said: Hey, I've noticed that all of the tome of beast Creatures have blank characters sheets with no info other then the lore. How do I remedy this? Hi Fortitude. Can you check again? I'm not seeing this issue, and am wondering if you were experiencing some latency with the server. If it's continuing, please let us know!
Dean said: Fortitude said: Hey, I've noticed that all of the tome of beast Creatures have blank characters sheets with no info other then the lore. How do I remedy this? Hi Fortitude. Can you check again? I'm not seeing this issue, and am wondering if you were experiencing some latency with the server. If it's continuing, please let us know! I am still experiencing such issues, i have been trying tokens all day
Dean
Roll20 Team
Is your game set to be using the Official 5e Character Sheet? If so and you're still not seeing it - can you please email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> with your entire bug report? Thank you.
Hello, just wanted to let you know that the Blood Hag is not working properly when trying to drag and drop it onto the Table Top... with the other entries it automatically creates a handout/character with all the artwork and token... but for the Blood Hag it's not working.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What part is not working? Is it not creating a token, a journal, or neither one?
Dean
Roll20 Team
Shin Von Nibelung said: Hello, just wanted to let you know that the Blood Hag is not working properly when trying to drag and drop it onto the Table Top... with the other entries it automatically creates a handout/character with all the artwork and token... but for the Blood Hag it's not working. Hi Shin, and thanks for your report. I tested this on my end and it is working properly, with a fully functional character sheet being pulled over along with the token. Can you confirm if it is still happening for you? Thanks!
I think War Ostrich might be incorrectly challenge rated. It's got more than twice the hp of most CR 1/2 creatures in the monster manual, and more hp than any CR 1 creature I see at a quick glance. It has weaker attacks than some, though it has multi-attack, as well as battle leaper. The reason I bring it up is that a player had asked about it for the Find Steed spell, a reasonable request given the CR, but I had to decide that this was not really a CR 1/2 based on the stats. Unless ToB intends to increase the difficulty/CR of creatures. I didn't see that in the introduction to the pdf, but I just skimmed it :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Tome of Beasts Compendium on Roll20 is drawn from the print copy by Kobold Press. Unless you have a case where the Compendium is not reflecting the value given in the print edition (I checked, it is correct), the place to ask this question is to Kobold Press. Roll20 can only work with the licensed material as-is.
The Harpy, Owl is listed in Roll20 with a Talons attack of 2d10+3 damage.&nbsp; The book lists the same a 2d6+3.&nbsp; &nbsp; It also appears to be missing its vulnerability to thunder damage.&nbsp; &nbsp;Finally, it has an increased value of Stealth (to +9) while its flying. but I can see based on the code how that might be difficult to portray on the character sheet.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Scott said: The Harpy, Owl is listed in Roll20 with a Talons attack of 2d10+3 damage.&nbsp; The book lists the same a 2d6+3.&nbsp; &nbsp; It also appears to be missing its vulnerability to thunder damage.&nbsp; &nbsp;Finally, it has an increased value of Stealth (to +9) while its flying. but I can see based on the code how that might be difficult to portray on the character sheet. Thanks for the helpful report :) The damage has been fixed. The vulnerability to Thunder Damage is there on the out-app card, but seems to not be transferring properly to the in-app sheet. I've created a bug report for that to be investigated.&nbsp; As for the +9 while flying, you're correct in that those are details that have to be manually managed.
Hey, something about those Hags I guess: The Hag, Red&nbsp; is missing all its 4th level spells (2 slots)&nbsp; :&nbsp; &nbsp;Control Water, Dominate Beast, Freedom of Movement, Hallucinatory Terrain
Dean
Roll20 Team
Scott said: Hey, something about those Hags I guess: The Hag, Red&nbsp; is missing all its 4th level spells (2 slots)&nbsp; :&nbsp; &nbsp;Control Water, Dominate Beast, Freedom of Movement, Hallucinatory Terrain Thanks! Spells have been corrected in web, and have a report in to have that pulled through properly to character sheet.