Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What to do if GM deletes game

Just had an awful experience with a GM who deleted the entire game and discord channel (and then changed his name and avatar). He was running three games, and we were having our second attempt at a session #0 (the first we had only managed 30minutes before connection issues). He was in the chat, we had chatted a little and then BANG. Kicked, booted, and blocked (yes he blocked us all too). Aside from the rudeness of it, I feel awful for the other players who might think it was a personal thing... he gave no indication, and we didn't know each other well enough to know usernames properly yet (I remembered one name, and contacted them, the same thing had happened to them). This GM was running several games... Did he do it to everyone? Its a big flaw in the system to suddenly have no way of contacting your group, or a way of giving players black marks. I exported my character thankfully, but I doubt the others did, what a huge amount of work wasted.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Cassie, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. There are people on the internet that do display proper etiquette or manners when dealing with strangers online. If you are wanting to contact the other players and think you can recognize them you can look on your profile page to see the last 10 people you have played with.