Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multiple Level Maps

Hi Everyone I have no talent for JavaScript (although trying to understand it etc...) and have been considering upgrading to a Pro subscription. One of the main reasons I was thinking of doing this is getting into API.&nbsp; One big thing I have been trying to figure out how to implement is multi-level maps where upper layers may have openings or windows that look down on lower levels. I read a post that was made around 4 years ago in which someone came up with a basic API script to allow this to occur on the following basis: 1) Set up the maps for each layer side by side. 2) Set up the Dynamic Lighting normally 3) Have copies of the characters token for each layer. 4) The API part: When the primary token (on the top floor map) moves to a designated area the secondary token's (on the bottom floor map, but on the dynamic lighting layer) "has sight" is check marked and that token matches the primary token's movement within the designated area. I.e. a primary token is moved to a balcony on the top floor map (the designated area) overlooking the lower floor map, the secondary token "has sight" is marked and the token moves to mirror the primary tokens location on the lower floor map. When the primary token leaves the designated area the secondary token's "has sight" is uncheck marked and that token stops matching the primary token's movement within the designated area. Example of how this would look: George McFly moves up to the Balcony overlooking the lower floor (he just entered the designated area). On the lower floor map there is a token that represents McFly's token (probably on the dynamic light layer). That token is moved into the same position on the lower map as the upper floor position. That token has the "Has Sight" turned on via the API. Now, McFly can see the lower section of the map. The link to the past blog discussion is here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/493707/extra-lev" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/493707/extra-lev</a>... Unfortunately the link to the API code sends me to a "page not found". I am hoping that someone can give me some clarity on how to go about implementing this, or ideas on the script that would be needed. I honestly have no idea on where to start, and I haven't ever been able to make an API script work before, so any help would be amazing. Thank you in advance!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
This "roof removal" script might be a useful place to start.