Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

API/Macro question...

Hello all. I am new to the forums. I decided to give Roll20 a try from all I was reading, sounded like it was progressing well. I haven't done much, first I was reading about all the API stuff, since I wanted to try running Pathfinder, I found the PF api stuff and give it a trial. Turns out you have to be a monthly subscriber to use the API (sigh, guess I won't be writing code). I had hoped a supporter was a contribution, not a subscription. That said: Can all of the stuff done in the API's be done with straight Macros? If so, is there a "complete" set of PF macros somewhere to be found? Thanks.
I found my own answer in this thread Sorry to waste forum bandwidth, somehow I didn't see that when I first looked. Seems like the kind of stuff I want to do is API only, bummer. I'll sadly have to give Maptool a try, it's macro system is much more robust. I don't really want to pony up $20-$30 to "try it out", as well as invest the time and effort on the learning curve for the 2-3 months. I'll have to wait until it is more "out of the box" robust, then I can work with what's already there.