Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Player looking to play a Vampire (for relevance, not OPness)

Edited 1519229773
The first setting that came on top of my head is Vampire the Masquerade, but I don't seem to find any of that... Yea, it may really not be the most popular settings, but I am really in need of playing my vampire character somewhere. I find it the most obvious, tho I am open if on other settings it works (just need some homebrew I guess). I have been playing roleplaying game through Roll20 for a really long time now, and currently DMing a DnD 5e campaing on Saturday 10:00-14:00 EST. I am most of the time free to play, so time isn't an inconventience for me. Small note that it's been some years I havn't spoke vocally english, so I may get a bit rusty... but honestly it is a temporary minor problem in my opinion. I am perfecly fine with Western Europe schedule aswell, so that is not a problem at all. So yea, i'm looking for a group that accept someone like me to play with them with a vampire character. I don't know about the paid part, since I have no experience with that, nor have price.. but I try to be the most open as possible!
first id love to play and not run in a OWD VTM game myself... if you need to brush up on your english i can be of help im on Discord lordmage #8531 
lordmage said: first id love to play and not run in a OWD VTM game myself... if you need to brush up on your english i can be of help im on Discord lordmage #8531  Yea, if we could make a group, could be really neat! Also, you probably disable friend request on Discord, oupps 
Id also like to play 

Edited 1519239055
Sweet, I thought my post would have been in vain! 
You are welcome to come play with us over at The Guild Living Campaign if you want to try out a Vampire in 4e.  I am sure our resident epic level vampire PC would be happy to have a new bloodling. The Guild prides itself on being a place for any version of a character to come and play.  With a backstory that can be basically anything you want to be and a character whose description is 100% up to you, its a great place to test out new characters, new mechanics and new ideas. If you are interested, take a look at our  LFG Post .  If it sounds like something you want to do, post in interested players for an invite or you can send me a PM on here or a contact request on Skype at Gravymattingly with any additional question.
Gary M said: You are welcome to come play with us over at The Guild Living Campaign if you want to try out a Vampire in 4e.  I am sure our resident epic level vampire PC would be happy to have a new bloodling. The Guild prides itself on being a place for any version of a character to come and play.  With a backstory that can be basically anything you want to be and a character whose description is 100% up to you, its a great place to test out new characters, new mechanics and new ideas. If you are interested, take a look at our  LFG Post .  If it sounds like something you want to do, post in interested players for an invite or you can send me a PM on here or a contact request on Skype at Gravymattingly with any additional question. I have been used for almost a year of 3 session per week, so it was so nice to develop character that way. Like I said, I'm a bit shy, plus haven't spoke english since couple of year (tho I really want to get it back fluently). So if that doesn't mind you and people, I could try. I still want to see if a group of VTM can be done, so I keep that topic on!  
Metsunie said: Gary M said: You are welcome to come play with us over at The Guild Living Campaign if you want to try out a Vampire in 4e.  I am sure our resident epic level vampire PC would be happy to have a new bloodling. The Guild prides itself on being a place for any version of a character to come and play.  With a backstory that can be basically anything you want to be and a character whose description is 100% up to you, its a great place to test out new characters, new mechanics and new ideas. If you are interested, take a look at our  LFG Post .  If it sounds like something you want to do, post in interested players for an invite or you can send me a PM on here or a contact request on Skype at Gravymattingly with any additional question. I have been used for almost a year of 3 session per week, so it was so nice to develop character that way. Like I said, I'm a bit shy, plus haven't spoke english since couple of year (tho I really want to get it back fluently). So if that doesn't mind you and people, I could try. I still want to see if a group of VTM can be done, so I keep that topic on!   You are of course welcome.  One of our DMs is from Portugal, one from Germany, another from Finland.  English as not your primary language will not be a problem.  You are also welcome to join in addition to your VTM game if you want to scratch the itch to play him/her sooner/more.
For fun, I tried to look up the manual of VtM, and how well it's universe is design : I felt so much in love with it. Now I could not wait to see if we could make a group out of it!
Longtime VtM fan here, also mentioning my interest in a OWD game. Huge preference for roleplay-heavy games.
Metsunie said: lordmage said: first id love to play and not run in a OWD VTM game myself... if you need to brush up on your english i can be of help im on Discord lordmage #8531  Yea, if we could make a group, could be really neat! Also, you probably disable friend request on Discord, oupps  should be fixed if not PM me here with yours and i'll message you
Sooo, so far 4 people, myself included, are interested. I think slowly we can think of having this on a serious note :) 
Hello, I am interested too. I love the roleplay aspect of WOD. Unfortunately, I don't know the setting well enough to run it myself so I'd like to participate as player if possible. 
beduels said: Hello, I am interested too. I love the roleplay aspect of WOD. Unfortunately, I don't know the setting well enough to run it myself so I'd like to participate as player if possible.  Hello, don't worry, I never played myself either, but I read a lot from the manual (20th) and I just felt in love with it. I think if we can have a ST, everything could be great! 
If nWoD/CofD-ish would be acceptable, I might consider running something. I'm in Central European Time (GMT+1), and I think a biweekly game on a weekend evening would fit me best. I have never been running a game over the net so far, and only participated in a one-shot over voice once. So I would probably prefer a video-chat based game, as it would be closer to what I'm used to (I tend to use quite a bit of body language while I GM, and that probably won't translate well over voice).   I do character focused games (I don't know where the game session will go, so there would not be a linear plot to follow) and roleplay heavy sounds like music to my ears. The main differences between VtM and VtR (that I can think of from the top of my head) would be * No Gehenna around the corner * More local * No global three party conflict between the Camarilla, the Anarchs, and the Sabbat * The vampires are slightly different and each clan is not as tightly connected to a faction For those familiar with CofD, there will be no Strix nor God-machine. Does that sound potentially interesting?
if it was nwod id be interested. 

Edited 1519427155
Ummmhhh, as I am not familiar with those term, I guess it's alright? As far as I am concerned, I want to play the vampire in some sort of heavy-rp/social way. I want to be as immerse as possible, feeling the pain, the joy etc. I'm from Eastern Atlantic (GMT-5), but my schedules are European-friendly, and I have a LOT of free time, so that is not a problem for me. One thing for sure I want, is to really want my character/I to feel involve, and have this feeling of having a family. I don't think I mind the rest, outside to play in that pen of sheep (humans <3). Also, I do not own a webcam, but I do not think it would be a problem in term of buying. I want to do LARP one day aswell, and I do focus a lot of gesture aswell! So well, it is how people feels about it, in the end I just want to be immerse in that universe which I felt in love (with some explaination about the different settings around WoD, I'm *probably* down for anything I guess)
I'm OK with vtm or vtr in fact I owned the pc game. I'm Est would love a bi-weekly game I'm free most mornings from 9am to 12 local
Yea, I've actualy read yesterday on a reddit thread the difference between the two (which could spare some times explaining). Like Lordmage said, I'm okay with both, even if, like I said, I am more a storytelling/heavy-rp focus so vtr seems to be more appropriate. But both are really fine to me! For the moment, I am free everyday, except on Tuesday at noon, and Saturday morning
I usually get home from work on weekdays around 7pm my time, which would be 1pm Est except while DST messes with it for a while. Other than that, I don't have anything on a fix schedule.  But I hope I soon will be able to get my Exalted game out of hiatus (which will have to be scheduled on weekends). A few notes about me as a GM/ST... For me, these things are important: * The characters paths are connected somehow (this can mean they are part of the same group, but not necessary); otherwise it would be a bunch of separate games just being ran at the same time. * No fun on another player's expense. Joint fun on a character's expense is however perfectly acceptable, because then it is something the player is in on. * The mechanics are a bunch of suggestions to the GM/ST on how to handle things and to set a bit of common expectations; not rules as in how chess works. While running a game, I tend to at best approximate any mechanics (written or house-ruled). * A character has to be fairly well developed before the game start. I also want to be part of the character creation process, even if the player have a very clear idea of what to create, to catch any mismatching views on the setting or mechanics and to find an alternative the player is happy with. This is also so I will have a fairly good idea of the character and what the the player wants with it. Something I personally don't care about is that characters should have to be mechanically balanced. So as long it is fine with everyone else, I would be fine with someone playing a newly sired vampire, while someone else have a vampire being a few centuries old and a lot more powerful (or even being of different splats, but my tendency to mod things will make most other splats further from how they are written). While its not possible to have all of a character's secret as secrets for the other players, I like it when part of it is for the players to discover things about the other characters through roleplay. Another thing that might be best to point out. Using video chat will demand more of everyone's Internet connection. Roll20 suggest a requirement of 512Kbps per participant, so I think most will have enough available bandwidth.
Lundgren said: I usually get home from work on weekdays around 7pm my time, which would be 1pm Est except while DST messes with it for a while. Other than that, I don't have anything on a fix schedule.  But I hope I soon will be able to get my Exalted game out of hiatus (which will have to be scheduled on weekends). Totally fine with that schedule. I'm awake at 5 am EST everyday! Lundgren said: A few notes about me as a GM/ST... For me, these things are important: * The characters paths are connected somehow (this can mean they are part of the same group, but not necessary); otherwise it would be a bunch of separate games just being ran at the same time. If this is DURING the actual roleplay, I think it's totally normal. The only thing that could be a bit akward is knowing each of us before our death, which that... yea. Lundgren said: * A character has to be fairly well developed before the game start. I also want to be part of the character creation process, even if the player have a very clear idea of what to create, to catch any mismatching views on the setting or mechanics and to find an alternative the player is happy with. This is also so I will have a fairly good idea of the character and what the the player wants with it. Therefore, if people feels okay with that, I have fairly already everything in my mind (and it can be interesting to talk about it when we will create our character, as it is special). Like I said to several people on other groups, I wanted my character to have a fairly well develop background, but in the end, I want my ST to weave me, to make me feel sad, hurt, angry, happy etc. That means I have to give idea of what I like, and not what I exacly want. So I'm really looking foward for that. And it's fine for with the video chat, I have 150mb/s lol
Metsunie said: If this is DURING the actual roleplay, I think it's totally normal. The only thing that could be a bit akward is knowing each of us before our death, which that... yea. Yes. It can also be a little bit into the roleplay as the backstory and the agenda of a character tend to give them a certain momentum. For me, two people hunting the same person, but never meet, still have intertwined paths. However, it wouldn't be much direct roleplaying between those two. Still, two older vampires might have known each other for decades. Also, for example, if someone wants to play a ghoul to another players vampire, they might very well know each other from long before. So there are a lot of different options, as long the back-stories make sense. Lundgren said: * A character has to be fairly well developed before the game start. I also want to be part of the character creation process, even if the player have a very clear idea of what to create, to catch any mismatching views on the setting or mechanics and to find an alternative the player is happy with. This is also so I will have a fairly good idea of the character and what the the player wants with it. Therefore, if people feels okay with that, I have fairly already everything in my mind (and it can be interesting to talk about it when we will create our character, as it is special). Like I said to several people on other groups, I wanted my character to have a fairly well develop background, but in the end, I want my ST to weave me, to make me feel sad, hurt, angry, happy etc. That means I have to give idea of what I like, and not what I exacly want. So I'm really looking foward for that. As I also understand it, you started to look closer at WoD after you got the idea for the character, and it is more important that setting and theme fit the character than it is WoD. Do you feel the idea of your vampire would fit one of the VtR clans/vampire types or would you feel you would have to shoehorn it into one of the existing ones? If not, as I tend to poke around and mod things anyway, there is always the options of homebrewing a bit. And it's fine for with the video chat, I have 150mb/s lol Then you have a faster connection than me :-)
Lundgren said: Lundgren said: * A character has to be fairly well developed before the game start. I also want to be part of the character creation process, even if the player have a very clear idea of what to create, to catch any mismatching views on the setting or mechanics and to find an alternative the player is happy with. This is also so I will have a fairly good idea of the character and what the the player wants with it. Therefore, if people feels okay with that, I have fairly already everything in my mind (and it can be interesting to talk about it when we will create our character, as it is special). Like I said to several people on other groups, I wanted my character to have a fairly well develop background, but in the end, I want my ST to weave me, to make me feel sad, hurt, angry, happy etc. That means I have to give idea of what I like, and not what I exacly want. So I'm really looking foward for that. As I also understand it, you started to look closer at WoD after you got the idea for the character, and it is more important that setting and theme fit the character than it is WoD. Do you feel the idea of your vampire would fit one of the VtR clans/vampire types or would you feel you would have to shoehorn it into one of the existing ones? If not, as I tend to poke around and mod things anyway, there is always the options of homebrewing a bit. Actually, it is not an "idea", but for my own personal "protection", I do not want to write it in public ahah. But it is totally fine I think, it is mostly story-wise (and nothing huge) and to look about the rules to explain a certain situation (or find a great alternative). I actually think (?) everything could fit, I mean, as vampire we are not teddybears, so there should have no problem at all having a clan, and quite the opposite even. Feeling and being part of a clan/family would just be a great thing! We just need to see how to settle it story-wise, which again, is nothing major or huge (but has importance for me :) ) 
I know I'm just butting in, but I would like to join a vampire game. I've played WoD before and loved it. 
I'd love to play a WoD game if you're starting a group and have room for one more
Ahah, at this point, I am really glad so much people seemed so interested. At first, I found no game at all in the LFG, so I tried just in case. And now, it seems like so many people are hooked up for it, and maybe have a ST. Thank you all guys! Glad I took the initiative for the group! 
Not sure how large group I can handle, as it will depend on the players of the group, playing style, and how much running over the net affects things. So that is something that have to be look at. Some questions to start ironing out the setting... When it comes to setting and playstyle, which one should fit best? * The characters are friends and close allies (well, for being vampires that is). * The characters are part of the same "court" (or whatever name the local structure has). * The characters move in the same town or city and have overlapping circles they move in. Size of the urban area? * Small city/large town (perhaps 100,000 - 200,000 inhabitants). The characters are all or a large percentage of the supernaturals in the area. * Medium sized city(perhaps 1,000,000 - 2,000,000 inhabitants). There most likely just one "court" of vampires. * Large city (perhaps 10,000,000 - 20,000,000 inhabitants). Either a very strict structure keeping all vampires in line (or at least appear to), or having a bunch of independent "courts".
For I, I think allies could be nice (tho friend, I would like to keep some manoeuve on it, to well interpret every player) and a Medium sized city. Not too small, nor too big. Maybe there could be some "glimpse" of independent "courts" but nothing "major".
There is quite a few cities around the world that could fit. So which one to pick would be in large part what human culture we want around it, and how isolated from other places (quite a big difference in how far it is from Perth, Australia, to another larger city, than say Prague, Czech Republic). Nearby smaller cities/larger towns can have small semi-independent "courts".
Ehhhh, I don't have a specific one in head. Shyva comes from the surrondings of London (I think). As for the other culture, they are all foreigns to me, mostly. In my opinion, I would avoid Germany, Spain/Portugal, Finland/Sweden/Norway, the Oceanic countries, asian countries, the Africans country, Middle East and South America. But honestly, I'm open to a lot of city otherwise, could be Amsterdam, Dublin, Prague, Vienna, etc! 
Metsunie said: But honestly, I'm open to a lot of city otherwise, could be Amsterdam, Dublin, Prague, Vienna, etc!  Hm... Then lets narrow down the list to either use Amsterdam or Prague, but lets keep which one open for now. I have a few arguments for either one of them. Are we talking fairly newly minted vampires, or ones that have been around for a while?
Are we talking fairly newly minted vampires, or ones that have been around for a while? For that, I want to elaborate in private 
I've kinda been following this.  When is it going to run?  Thats pretty much everything.  is there an ST?  Im EST time zone, but I work nights, which kinda puts things upside down.  Im available Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays as a player.  My own game is Wednesday.  I can talk to my current 2 players and see if there is room for Metsunie and Lungren, since they're mainly those ones commenting.  Add me on Discord and we can talk about it more if you're wanting.   ddickerson#1572
Don't worry, I'm EST aswell, but I am not awake during nights (well, for some other purpose eheh), and run my own DnD campaign Saturday mornings. I have no idea where this is going, I guess Lundgren wanted to run it, but everyone that wanted to play doesn't seems to answer?? Anyway, I'll harm you, there is no harm in it
Metsunie, feel free to PM me and we can bounce a little that way. What I was primarily looking for with that question was a general range so people can decide if the game would interest them. David D., I'm posting from the perspective of potentially running something, and I'm not currently sure I would be interested in playing. However, I prioritize compatible groups over running something, so I don't mind at all if you pitch your game even if the end result would be me stepping aside. I'm quite sure that a big reason no one else have pitched in is because it is Metsunie that started the thread, and I have asked a bunch of question to narrow down what might fit. So I guess some are waiting to see where it leads, and on an actual pitch for a game. :-)
Metsunie and I talked at length this morning.  I would prefer playing as a player in a CoD/VtR game than adding people to my own.  However, in the name of getting *something* going, im willing to add people to mine, assuming the current players are ok with it.
Sorry, I haven't replied yet. I've seen it, but after 6 hours straight of 20 questions and character sheet, which I have a bit of trouble, well a bit of headache :) So yea, Roll20 is a bit hard to communicate, is there a way I can talk specificly on that matter? 
David D. said: Metsunie and I talked at length this morning.  I would prefer playing as a player in a CoD/VtR game than adding people to my own.  However, in the name of getting *something* going, im willing to add people to mine, assuming the current players are ok with it. One don't have to exclude the other. By inviting to your game, it will give the option of getting something going a lot faster. Metsunie said: Sorry, I haven't replied yet. I've seen it, but after 6 hours straight of 20 questions and character sheet, which I have a bit of trouble, well a bit of headache :) So yea, Roll20 is a bit hard to communicate, is there a way I can talk specificly on that matter?  It is over midnight here, and I will have to wake up in about 6 hours so it won't be today, but I can dust off my Discord account so we can talk that way.
Good to me, hit me up when you'll have time
i would like to play also like to play.but it depends on what day and time we do cause i work weekdays from morning to night
I am a new player and new to Roll20 also. I joined looking for a VTM game. I would love to join a game if one is available.
As it been over a week since I last posted in this thread, I first want to mention that the idea of me running a game is not dead in the water. :) However, as a change to my first post after some thinking, a weekday would work better for me (especially as I still don't know when I can schedule my "currently on hiatus" game, which have to be on weekends when/if I can resurrect it). As I already mentioned, on a weekday I could start at 7pm my time (CET/GMT+1), which would mean 1pm EST and 10am PST (except when the DST is out of sync). While I'm flexible with which workday, I'm picking Tuesdays as a suggestion, to be able to make it a bit more concrete. Which would mean this: Time: Tuesdays at 7pm CET, 1pm EST, 10am PST, biweekly. How: Videochat. Game: nWoD/CofD/VtR. Setting: Either Amsterdam or Prague, modern era.
day of week and time of day both rule me out.
David D. said: day of week and time of day both rule me out. While any day from Monday-Thursday would work for me, the time of day isn't as flexible, unfortunately.