Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Vault Sheets

I was wondering how I can view character sheets I have imported into the character vault? I'm a Free User, and I admit I imported the character and then deleted their original sheet BEFORE realising there's no way for free users to export characters, even to the very game they came from, an undo if you will. I'll shoulder my failure to properly read things through, sure, but I'd like to ask how I can look at the sheet without exporting it? I require some of the details on it for another character.

Edited 1519312802
Arthur B
API Scripter
The easiest way would probably be to create a new game and import  export the character from the vault into that game. Not sure if you need to be plus/pro for importing  exporting (I believe only for the export  import), though. Edit: Using the same import/export terminology as roll20 (although it seems a bit illogical to me)...
'Importing' the character from the vault into a game IS Exporting. And as I need Plus/Pro to Export...

Edited 1519313044
Arthur B
API Scripter
Ah, right. The creator of the game needs to be plus/pro. If you want, I can create an empty game and give you access to it. Just shoot me a PM (I probably just need to know which character sheet you need).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
James L.R. has it right. Although technically any transfer is an import from one place and an export from the other, the verb should be chosen based upon the actor. "You" are acting from within the character vault as you initiate the action, therefor you are exporting to the game. "Transfer" would be a better verb for Roll20 to employ, since it can be used indiscriminately. I'm a pedantic grammarian. Ignore me.