Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

3D Dice & Text Chat; Help with Xbox/Edge issues, please?

I run a game from my laptop using the latest release of Chrome, but I have some players who are using MS Edge from their Xbox One.  I've noticed that what they see on the 3D dice is often different than what is in text chat.  I know that's not a supported browser and we've worked around assets that can be viewed on that platform, but is there anything I can do to work around the dice issue?  It really adds to tabletop feel, but not at the expense of having everyone cheering for a 20 that is actually a 4.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Unfortunately, we do not support any browsers other than Firefox and Chrome, so we literally have no advice for you other than, "Please use one of our supported browsers if you want the best Roll20 experience" On the issue of 3d dice not matching chat results: if you're using dice-rolling APIs in your game you can also get the case of the graphics not matching the actual results and if you're playing one of the various D&D/Pathfinder games you can run into issues of more dice being rolled than needed and again the graphics not precisely matching the real results.
Thanks GenKitty.  I wish MS would get with the program and update their browser or allow us to install Firefox or Chrome on the Xbox One.  For  the what should be a "multimedia" device it sure does lack simple functions.  I appreciate the tip on APIs too!

Edited 1519609302
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Want me to move this over to Specific Use Questions, to see if the wider playerbase has any advice for you? :)
Sure, that would be cool.  All of my players use the Xbox One since we also game together on that platform.  Sometimes I wish they would just get a laptop like me, but you can only lead a Hippogriff to water.