Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A Custom Character Sheet

Edited 1519693751
Hi. I have created my own game system and game. I am looking for someone who is able to create a character sheet on roll20 for me. I need this character sheet to be easy to use and approachable and I am willing to pay for the service. Is there anyone willing to help me create a character sheet for Roll20 that is functional and easy to use for all players so that I can have it added to the list of optional character sheets in game creation?
I am willing to pay a premium for this service for anyone willing to do it. The cost is something we can talk about and come to a decision together. Please help?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
this kind of request comes up a lot, and usually goes ignored. If you are serious about paying for work, you need to consult a professional web designer, and after you find out what they charge, you'll probably abandon the idea. The people making sheets on here are volunteers, doing it in their spare time. They are doing it because they enjoy it, and the sheets they choose are chosen because they are interested enough in those systems to use their hobby time in that way. Working for pay is a very different kettle of fish, with a few significant problems. In most cases, the potential client has no idea what a suitable payment would be, and expects the designer to put in a LOT of hours of work for basically peanuts. (Seriously, ask people how long it takes to make a character sheet, then check up what webdesigners expect to be paid for professional work per hour.) They also now have to be committed to the project, it's not a hobby any more. And then, the client might be unprofessional and not pay. Again, ask a webdesigner how many clients have tried to stiff them. People doing this as a hobby generally do not want that kind of hassle.  If you can find a sheet that is similar to what you want, people will be happy to help you tweak it to fit your game, and will do it for free.
Well. . . crap. I am trying to introduce my system to the Roll20 community and it seems to be hard coming. I guess I'll have to wait until I have a fan in love enough of the setting to make a character sheet for me then. Thanks for the advice.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
G G said: If you can find a sheet that is similar to what you want, people will be happy to help you tweak it to fit your game, and will do it for free. Don't be disheartened Lawrence, the community here is second to none but as G G says there are many people out there who would help you create a useable version of your sheet so that you could introduce the system to the community and get a fanbase established. Once that happens you'll find no shortage of excellent coders who'd help you perfect the sheet to your specifications... Its a classic case of running before you can walk, with Roll20 you don't 'need' a community sheet to play a game, the attributes tab will do the bulk of the work. Sheets are for advanced features and aesthetics which you don't 'need' until your ruleset is perfected and the system is in use. If you absolutely have  to have a sheet take the quoted advice above and start small, there is nothing stopping you from updating the code later to the all singing, all dancing version :)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
So things that may or may not improve your chance of getting started is to introduces your system and link to current version of the sheet, giving aro example of systems that have influenced your design(and char sheet and roll mechanics). As others said there might be some game's with sheets that could be used as a base to start from to implement your sheet. And when you have some sheet you could upgrade to pro and try it out yourself with "custom sheet" option before a possible future release/push to a available community sheet.
The system is somewhat unique in that I haven't heard of anyone doing what we are. Sine stuff is the same (like having it be a 6 stat system) and so some areas can be tracked sheetlessly. We have 6 stats that are available but our starting players will only have "levels" in two at most starting off. A system close to ours as far as rolling goes would be Arkham Horror. We use 2d6 wherein a 5 or 6 is a success with a changing number of automatic successes (depending on skill level and items being used) and this is compared to a Defense Challenge to determin whether the target is hit. The stats determine hoe many dice you have to roll additional to the 2d6 (which assumes 1 Level in a stat and 1 level in a skill) as well as a multiplier for damage done. The character sheet really needs to be able to track how many successes were rolled (as this is what levels up a skill), the current skill level and the number of Automatic Heroic Successes that skill level currently offers. It would need to track the character's Defense Challenge, Attack skill, and attack damage as calculated by the weapon's base damage+skill level*Offense Attribute. Lastly it would need a place where the player can take note of any Special Abilities (feats) they have and any Manifestations (quantum spells) they may know. I actually have a character sheet made but everytime I try and export to HTML it comes out all wrong with the fields no longer filable and in the wrong places. I don't know if that makes a difference in whether someone is willing to make it into a Roll20 sheet or not but the actual sheet is already done as a PDF fillable. Does anyone know of a sheet like this in any system simular to what I am doing? If not I understand. Also, where might I post an invitation to join an Alpha trial of the game?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
People would have a better idea if you show a picture of the sheet.