Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New to D&D need help designing a character for pathfinder.

Edited 1519714547
So I was invited to play a pathfinder campaign with friends. I have now spent a lot of time reading how combat works and other mechanics of the game. As fair as I am aware the group is fairly leniant with what is done with charater design. I have a concept of a character from a popular MOBA game that I would like to translate into D&D. The character is Shaco from league of legends.  Wiki info for character. I posted a link to more in depth info about them but I will also type a brief idea of what it is the character does. #1. Known for backstabbing and dealing additional damage while doing so. #2. Can jump a shirt distance while also becoming invisible for a short period. #3. Places a Jack in the box trap that when an enemy unit gets close enough triggers causing enemy units to become feared and flee for a short time while also dealing a small amount of damage. #4. Throws a shiv coated in poison decreasing an enemy's movement speed and dealing a fair amount of damage. #5. Creates a copy of himself that can be moved independantly dealing the same damage as himself but taking increased damage and exploding after a short time dealing damage and dropping 3 of the Jack in the box traps mentioned from #2. With all the design for the characters abilites out of the way the actual apperance is well.. A Demon Jester is what they call him in the game lore I will link an image below.I understand some of these abilites might not translate well if at all but would appreciate any and all help with trying to make this character a reality. Edit: I'm assuming I would need to do some kind of multi class character. I was looking at races I could use and I thought maybe kefling? So for the back stabbing thing I assume critical strikes would be a good way to translate that. The invisibility and movement one I had read something about moving on the shadow plane or something about a door of Destiny maybe? Will have to look on pc in the morning. The traps I have no clue about. Poison shivs should be pretty easy but maybe have them being returned from an enchantment or something? The clone one is also something I have no idea how to make work with d&d but I would assume there has to be a way.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/ADND /r/Pathfinder_RPG /r/gamemasters