Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hiding attributes with tokens

Matthew C
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey, for a character sheet  am creating I have hundreds of attributes, but only 2-3 of them should EVER be used with a token :p is it possible to hide all of the other attributes in the token dropdown? Or a universal way to sort the stats that I do want to show more prominent? Since it even show the allowance for checkboxes as token attributes (which is of course useless)
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not possible AFAIK.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Name the three attributes so they appear highest up in the dropdown list? E.g. AAAattribute1, AAAattribute2 etc.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Good idea from Andreas. Or you could go on the trail of complexity and "hide" most of the other attributes inside arrays or json objects stored in one of a few other attributes. But that would imply added complexity to the coding, compared to the usal.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Or store the other attributes in a hidden repeating section, with just one item, that would be populated on initilizing the character. Those don't show on the token settings.  But more coding needed, also.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Make sure that your token-related attributes start with capital letters, while all others are strictly lowercase. I seem to remember that the sorting puts uppercase letters first.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jakob said: Make sure that your token-related attributes start with capital letters, while all others are strictly lowercase. I seem to remember that the sorting puts uppercase letters first. THAT explains some of the behavior I have seen. I always wondered why AC and HP came first, but Speed was always way down the list.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: Make sure that your token-related attributes start with capital letters, while all others are strictly lowercase. I seem to remember that the sorting puts uppercase letters first. Ooooh nice! Didn't notice that. Thanks.
Matthew C
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for tips, I always used an alphanumeric symbol for sorting, but a Capital letter should be perfect