Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initiative API

I am trying to use this but cant seem to get it to work right I would like to use t to just select all tokens in a fight and have it roll each creatures individual Initives but its rolling something else and giving every one way to high of rolls? 
We would need more information to help you out on this. Some questions to get to the bottom of this: I assume you are using GroupInitiative from The Aaron? Are you using the OneClick Version (installed through the drop-down menu) or the version from the API repository? Which version of the script are you using? What gamesystem are you using? Which charactersheet are you using? How did you configure the script (maybe post a screenshot from the output of the !group-init command, make sure you don't have a token selected when running this)? The most important info would be the " Roller Options " and the " Bonus Stat Groups " Regards Florian
Most of this is over my head but i will do my best to answer. 1.Yes from The Aaron 2. The One click from the API menu(first time trying to use one of these) 3. GroupInitiative v0.9.28 4. (not positive what you are asking)Chrome, PC, D&D5E 5.5e Shaped

Edited 1519908781
4: Yes I was asking for whether you're playing Pathfinder or DnD5e or something else. In the output you get from running !group-init with no token selected (the configuration) you should see a line that looks something like this: Could you please post what your's says? That setting is responsible for which fields get pulled into the initiative calculation and most likely the culprit for the calculated values being too high. Edit: From the value your script is returning it seems the script is not correctly transcribing the absolute value in the character sheet to a bonus (it uses +18 for what would be a +4). You might need to use the --Stat-DnD parameter for your bonus group so that it will transform the absolute value to a bonus. From further research Aaron posted this as an example for the 5e sheet (be aware this will delete your current bonus group): !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_bonus
I tried your last two commands now it just rolls zeros for everyone. and this is what comes up with no token selected
Before I f* something up in your configuration, is there any reason for all those Bonus Stat Groups or did you add them while testing? If you need them keep the screenshot you made handy. If not we're gonna delete them: This will get rid of all the Bonus Stat Groups: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --del-group 2 !group-init --del-group 3 !group-init --del-group 4 !group-init --del-group 5 No we need to set up a roller, that rolls for each token individually, what you now have is no rolling and only using the stat. Set this to the Individual-Roll roller, which will roll a die for every selected token and add the bonuses we'll be configuring in a moment: !group-init --set-roller Individual-Roll Now we'll add a really basic Bonus Stat Group (because I don't know the 5e sheet, tbh I don't know 5e at all). !group-init --add-group --Stat-DnD dexterity This will use your bare dexterity value, convert it to a bonus, and add it to the roll. But this will also ignore any specific bonus you'll get to your initiative other than your dex modifier. This is were someone with experience to the 5e sheet should chime in because I believe the sheet already does some kind of calculation when you use the initiative_bonus field. So after cleaning everything up you might want to try these two commands again: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_bonus If this still doesn't work for you you can retry all the commands except the last two and you should have at least a dexterity based initiative (until someone who knows the 5e sheet can take a look at this)
i have no clue what im doing as far as i know i did not add any bonus groups
im trying the rest now
in respone to !group-init --set-roller Individual-Roll I get this (From GroupInitiative):Not a valid command: set-roller
as for the dexdarty bonus that would work just fine I dont have anyone with other bonuses right now
I did everything else and its close now but its just doing the Dex bonus and not a D20+the bonus
Never mind got it Thank you for all your help

Edited 1519911950
Yeah, that's because of the one command failing. That is because I made a mistake on the command. It should be the command below and it should be working if you just run that again: !group-init-config --set-roller|Individual-Roll Or you could have just pressed this button (but I was stupid):
Glad you got it working!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, glad you got it working!  Sorry I couldn't help sooner, I was driving cross country! GroupInitiative defaults to adding an attribute named dexterity for historic reasons.  I should really fix that.   For the Shaped Sheet, the ideal setting is: !group-init-config --set-dice-count|0 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_formula This will automatically take into account things like Halfling luck, Advantage on Initiative, etc. be sure to remove all the existing groups first by running this command until the output shows no Bonus Stat Groups: !group-init --del-group 1