Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Trying to make my macros work on the character sheets

Edited 1520366051
I've been trying to understand what makes these macros fail. Here's an image to try and help understand my troubles: Basically, I cannot get the name of the green button, I've been hovering over it, or even went through the code of the page (I have a bit of knowledge on that and I am sure that I am looking at the right thing), and the red button that is supposedly calling the same macros end up giving the result circled in red (missing values). I've been trying to play with the macros, reading exactly what was going through and here's what's red is typing: &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|character_id}}} {{name=@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} + [[ (@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|armor-proficiency}) ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ (@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ (@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|armor-proficiency}) ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ ([[ @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num} ]] * ([[ @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} ]] - 1)) ]]d@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ ([[ (@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) ]] * (@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_type}}} {{description=@{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_0_notes}}} @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|macro_options} Now here's where it get interesting, when I tried to piece the macro together, one value at a time, I realized that in fact it doesn't find ANY value. It's not one of the value that is missing, the only one he can find is my character name, and the character sheet, it's like he can't see the weapon stats. I have no idea why, so I decided to bring it here, in the hope that someone understand why it's working like that. PS: I bet you guessed, but the character name is "Mooncloud_Sweetwisp". PS2: These are the french sheets, I have used both the english and french ones, and I do not have problems with the english one. Unfortunately, I am here playing with French speakers, and they chose to use the french sheet. So I'm stuck with that.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Don't know if this is the problem or not (I'm not familiar with the sheet), but repeating sections should be formatted with a $ infront of the row number... something like: @{Mooncloud_Sweetwisp|repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier}
That's it. That was it. Thank you. Thanks you a lot. Now I know why the macros don't work on these sheets.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Glad it worked. :)