Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Recursive Tables and Command Button with Delimiter

I seem to have a case where I cannot get RecursiveTables to work from an api command button (as a link in text) when trying to specify a delimiter argument to RecursiveTables. I'm using the Roll Template npcaction from the OGL character sheet. I have been able to get this to work without specifying the delimiter, and it works there. What happens is, I click the link, and nothing happens; or rather appears to happen anyway. If I go to the chat dialog and press up, I can see the the text there that was used created from the link (command button), then if I press enter it does actually output as I expected. Here's what I'm trying to do from linked text in a handout for reference. Ignore spaces for hopefully obvious reasons. ! & # 13;!rt[Delimiter:BR] /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Treasure}} {{name=10 GP Gemstones}} {{description=[[ [[?{How many rolls?& # 125;]]1[10-GP-Gemstones]]]}}
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Weird. The "!
" part is only needed when repurposing API Command buttons to run arbitrary commands.  Try taking that out and see if it works then.

Edited 1520971385
I had no clue I didn't need to include the ! , I thought it was required for some reason. Is it without RecursiveTables maybe? Anyway, this time when I'm in the editor, I can click on the popup link. As soon as I save the handout, the linked text is no longer clickable. Even though it's highlighted as though it's hyperlinked. If that makes sense. When I go back to edit the link, I highlight all the text and choose edit, and the field is empty. This is happening without the query as well.

Edited 1520972116
I've taken out the roll template all together. Definitely appears to be something with [Delimiter:BR] it's not just BR, I'm getting it with and without a space after !rt and I'm getting it with different delimiters
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This is in a handout?  I'll have to try this out and see if I can figure out how to make it work.
Yeah, it's when I link text in a handout.