Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Update Erased Character Data - Pokemon Tabletop Adventures

Hi, I am trying to set up a game of Pokemon Tabletop Adventures and I created a character last night along with Pokemon and everything. However, at some point between last night and today, they updated the Character Sheet and I lost all of my Pokemon data.(A.k.a moves, attributes, etc.). While the game hasn't started yet so it is fixable, but annoying, I would like to be ensured this WILL NOT HAPPEN mid game or at least we will receive some sort of warning, because that is a lot of work to re-input everything and I do not want to do that to my players. For now I have suggested they print out a sheet and do everything there then transfer it, but they shouldn't have to do that.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
(Moving this to Character Sheets.  If this turns out to be a Roll20 issue rather than a Sheet issue, it can easily be moved back to Bugs)

Edited 1520981762
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah, looked up the code and it indeed changed attribute names. I guess  Eric who created and updated the sheet just happened to forget to made a sheet worker to move the old attribute to the new ones.  The data isn't not gone entirely, it just doesn't show on the sheet any more.It all exist in the attribute-tab but it might not be easy to find I assume.
Regarding preventing this from happening again, any pulls that are accepted will automatically change the character sheets the next time you open the game. It won't change any data, unless there is a Sheet Worker Script (which the PTA sheet does not), but any changes may hide old values because a different name is being used. For example, looking at the changes made, "move_name1a" was replaced with "movename1a", which means "move_name1a" is still stored in the Attributes tab but is not displayed anywhere on the sheet. The only way to use a custom sheet but ensure nothing was changed without your say-so would be to get a Pro subscription, choose "Custom" as the character sheet instead of PTA, and copy the code  from github into your game settings (there are three tabs in game settings, corresponding to the htm, css, and json files in github. That way, even if the character sheet on github changes, you will still use the copy you made for your custom sheet.
Andreas J. said: Yeah, looked up the code and it indeed changed attribute names. I guess  Eric who created and updated the sheet just happened to forget to made a sheet worker to move the old attribute to the new ones.  The data isn't not gone entirely, it just doesn't show on the sheet any more.It all exist in the attribute-tab but it might not be easy to find I assume. Okay, thank you. There is one more issue with the sheet I just found. When you click to roll the attack for the pokemon's move it does not add the +whatever to the attack. For instance. Tackle is 2d8+6+my pokemons attack. When I do the roll it does the 2d8+0+The pokemons attack no matter what number is inputted.