Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initiative - Passing player name

Is there a way to pass a player's character through the Group Initiative API?  The idea here is that as it stands now, the player has to have their token selected before they can pass an initiative roll.  Is there a way to pass the character sheet in a macro so they can just click a button without having to click their character first?  I would set macros for each player and share only with them.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but if the players are rolling for their initiative themselves, they can easily just roll from their sheet. And (need to check that myself, but) as far as I know, you can even drag the initiative button into your macro bar directly.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The Turnorder is based on Token Ids.  Without a token, you can't have a character have a turn.  I have created scripts that let you roll for initiative without selecting a token, but even then, they require a token to be present on the map.  That is functionality I could roll into GroupInitiative, though I'm not sure if that would solve your issue or how hard it would be.
The token will be on the map, however, I was trying to make it easier for them to roll initiative by not having to select a token.  This is really just because they aren't paying attention lol.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I usually handle that by making token actions so it only shows up if they select their token. =D
Good idea!