Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

GM Layer Control

Is there any way that tabs could be added for the GM session, to easily navigate between layers?  I'm fairly certain I can create a macro to do that, but it would be nice 'out of the box'. If it's not possible, would it be possible to add a field that clearly shows what layer your currently on?
Are you aware of the  keyboard shortcuts ?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Also, your current field is displayed on the left toolbar.
I don't disagree that tabs would be a better way to visually see and understand which layer you're on. Unfortunately, I'm out of vote, otherwise, this is a nice quality of life enhancement.
Yeah, I'm aware of the keyboard shortcuts. I wasn't aware the left toolbar showed what layer you were on. I'll take a look.
MarkL said: Yeah, I'm aware of the keyboard shortcuts. I wasn't aware the left toolbar showed what layer you were on. I'll take a look. As far as I can tell, it only tells you that info if you mouse over the layer selection portion of the toolbar.   Upvoting because a persistent indicator would be far more useful.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Walrus said: MarkL said: Yeah, I'm aware of the keyboard shortcuts. I wasn't aware the left toolbar showed what layer you were on. I'll take a look. As far as I can tell, it only tells you that info if you mouse over the layer selection portion of the toolbar.   Upvoting because a persistent indicator would be far more useful. The image is the persistent indicator: When you are on the GM layer the eye symbol will be shown on the left, objects = the box etc etc However if more quality of life suggestions come from this then I certainly aren't dissing the OPs suggestion :)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .