Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

show macro bar

Hello, I've been trying to tweak the WelcomePackage script to include a line to make sure the player's macro bar is showing. I've tried this: player.set('showmacrobar',true); which I found in another post, but it doesn't work. Is there someway to make this work or another way to make the player's macro bar show when they first log in?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.. that should work...  are you getting any errors? Also, are you sure it isn't working?  If they don't have any macros set to show on the bar, I don't think there is a visual difference with it on and off.
Gold
Forum Champion
The Aaron said: Hmm.. that should work...  are you getting any errors? Also, are you sure it isn't working?  If they don't have any macros set to show on the bar, I don't think there is a visual difference with it on and off. So can we do THAT (second thing) with the API too? Turn on the Macro Quick Bar and ensure that a Macro (named "AttackDice" for example) is automatically checkmarked "In Bar"?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No.  The _macrobar property of the Player object is read only, so there isn't a way to add or organize macros on the bar, only adjust the contents of individual macros.
I'm get an 'F' for reading comprehension. I've read and knew that you can't make the macro bar show up unless they players themselves have the 'in macro bar' checkbox ticked. I was hoping it was my poor programming skills :)..