Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Recurring crahses

Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi ! Since several weeks, I have recurring crashes when playing with my mates. - navigator : Chrome - Vocal : mumble. - Roll20 vocal deactivated The tricky part is that my wife plays nearby me and she does not have this kind of crashes (also using Chrome). Symptom : I directly get a chrome error (sorry don't have the english version) : the french version is "Aïe Aïe Aïe Une erreur s'est produite lors de l'affichage de la page web". That coud be translated into "an error occurred when displaying the web page". It happens several times per hour. None of my players get theses errors. I'm the party GM. Any help is welcomed. Regards :)
Hi Phoxounet, Have you been able to discern any potential actions that trigger this? (Like dropping an image onto the VTT, etc.) Does this occur in all games you are in, even newly created games? Additionally, you might try toggling Hardware Acceleration for chrome (If it is ON turn it OFF, and vise-versa)

Edited 1524086558
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi ! There is no action that triggers this behavior. Sometimes, I lost the connection, doing nothing and just waiting for my players to decide something. It happens in an old game we're playing at (2 years old and it's becoming huge...I have dozens of documents, mobs, handouts.. and many more archived). Please also note that when I use F5 to reload the page, many of these documents don't show up. I have to reload the page again to recover them. It seems to only occur in this game. I also play another game (I'm a player in this one, not the GM) and I don't remember having this kind of crashes. The Hardware Acceleration was ON and I turned it OF. I'll come back here if the problem persists. Regards :)

Edited 1524086579
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Playing right now. I deactivated Chrome Hadware Acceleration but I can barely play the game : I have less than 1 FPS... Unplayable... :( I'll report if I have a crash during this game... Edit : After having deactivated the Hardware Acceleration, I experienced no crashes during the game. However, it was really difficult to play since I had less than 1 FPS.... Moreover, one of my player reported 1 crash (same as me) during this game. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Many, many user have reported dramatically better performance with Firefox Quantum. I'd suggest giving it a try.
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
keithcurtis said: Many, many user have reported dramatically better performance with Firefox Quantum. I'd suggest giving it a try. Hi. Thx for your suggestion. I just gave it a try. However, I'm not sure that it will fix my crashes problem. Moreover, I have tabs in the sheet that don't work using Firefox...
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi ! New feedback : I played other games and did not have this problem. However, the game I am mastering is still having connection issues. I started to delete archived documents since the game is huge : I already erased more than 250 elements (200 characters and handouts, about 50 pages). Can the number of elements (handouts, characters, pages)  in the game affect the disconnection issues ?
I've been having a similar issue lately with chrome. I get to a blank screen with some button mentioning a chrome error, and have to reload. My game is not huge (characters or maps), though I do have a few high res maps (nothing at 10 MB, not using maps 100x100 or larger, don't have tons of tokens on a single map). I have 16 GB or memory, but I think I saw some memory complaint, and I'm not doing anything but running the game, with a couple other tabs for D&D Beyond and the API screen, as well as a few pdfs and Discord.