33.4 Texts in the Night

Edited 1525586433
FILE 137X98A.47.A SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway  [Begin SMS Stream] Hello hero. Alycia? Lot of other people say that to you? No Well? [Pause] Hey Alycia What's up? Really busy I noticed. You haven't been in "study hall" all week. QF stuff... I got a pass Well, as long as you have an excuse. Got a full scheule AP and XP plus trying to get stuff set up for QF... Not an excuse a reason. As long as you have your priorities. [Pause] Well, on the bright side, you're able to walk into Home Ec without turning around and walking back out. Hey Can't wait to taste your salsa next week. Spicier than your contributions to the Sex Ed unit this week. Hey [Pause] So that's all you have to say? Hey? Wat do you want me to say Alycia? Well, maybe, sort of, anything. You haven't said anything to me all week. I thought thats what you wanted That's what you got from what I said?? What do you want Alycia? Well I thought I wanted you, but you keep moving away, so, yeah, that's part of the pattern. Jeez Alycia I've got a zillion things. Force ranking, Jason. What's important to you? What you want me to invite you to the prom? [Pause] Do you want to goto the prom? [Pause] Are you thinking of me in a prom dress? Maybe You're Be Ridiculous. Hey [Pause] Fine. Whatever. Offer is open let me know if you want ot or not whaever you want I just dont know Just remember, I reached out to you Jason. Whatevs Did you just say whatevs to me? Really? Whatevs. May 12. Your choice. [End SMS stream] #Cutscene
FILE 137X98Z.19.A SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway [Begin SMS Stream] Hey Hello. Hero. So, havent talked in a bit You noticed? Well yeah Well that's remarkably perceptive of you. Things have been busy on my end, so havent seen you in class Yes, noticed you were absent. Assumed you have Most Critical and Essential Business Things you are doing. Well, yeah, Trying to set up stuff. Meetings Board of Director stuff So the good little capitalist. Um... yeah So to what do I owe the honor of this texting? I just hadnt had a chance to talk. Like stuff. I've been so busy, and well we never settled about the  Settled about the? Prom [Pause] Alycia? Oh, sorry, you were really serious about asking me to prom? Well yeah I mean, of course This is mean to be my introduction to society, my appearance as a debutante, an announcement that I am an adult of childbearing years and of marriageable age for all suitors acceptable to my father? [Pause] With taffeta? You don't have to go Oh, you think? That's not what I meant I recognize that you do not need to go to prom. I am aware of that. I am woke. It was an invitation, not an imposition. I dont want to impose my hegemonic privilege on you [Pause] Alycia? I'm thinking. Ok [Pause] What the hell do you want from me, Jason? I just want to chat Im in Washington DC and I thought I would talk with you So I'm just someone you reach out to when you're lonely. Jeez, really? If you want to talk with me fine If you dont fine If you want to go to prom fine If you dont fine Fine? [Pause] My apologies.  [Pause] I guess maybe I'm suddenly a bit over sensitive to people expecting things from me. Which is notyou. So I'm sorry. Okay [Pause] So things have been kind of interesting here. I read about it Sorry I wasn't there I did authorize distribution of a bunch of Qdrones to help take up the slack where the Rookbots were being depended on You realize how in truly stupid an idea that was. Jeez, really? Well, you have people who have just been traumatized, rightfully, by a bunch of robots, so you send in a bunch more robots without their request.  Ok I can see why some people might get weirded out Robots, Jason.  Ok admit it you have always been a bit hinky about robots Alycia You, of all people, should understand why. I understand it but youre kind of monomaniacal about it Did everyone cheer and should when your robots arrived? No Some people shot at them I rest my case. It makes no sense Robots, Jason. So clearly it needed better corporate communication I can handle that And you didn't do it just to sell more "Qdrones". No I mean thats cool if it did but I just wanted to help people Well, that's actually rather noble. REally? Thanks Don;'t let it go to your head. Ok Hey hypothetical question? Yes? Which is a better super-hero name, Glimmer or Radiance? Despite your extremely blond hair, I don't think either suits you. Asking for a friend. [Pause] A friend with an involvement in hard light technology. Yeah! Alycia? Hey? [End SMS Stream]
I beg of you to let me do Agent 1337's reaction to having to read these.
Bill G. said: I beg of you to let me do Agent 1337's reaction to having to read these. Oh, please do.
Agent 1337's reaction ...
FILE 137X98Z.27.C SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway [Begin SMS Stream] Hey [Pause] Soooooooo... Sorry about that. [Pause] "Sorry about what" I hear you ask because it's important to recognize what you're sorry for. Got it So yeah you're smart and clever and all that So you know I have like feelings for you even though I'm really inept at saying them because I am And I know you're hinky about robots and so I was talking about Summer, who's my friend And you picked up on that beause you are (smart, clever, all that stuff) And you know Stuff So I have feelings for Summer too. And as you'd expect I'm terrible at all this. And I don't want to talk with you about it because I don't want to hurt you and you hate robots and I think you hate me sometimes too but we're like moths and flames to each other And I don't want to hurt you So no worries on the prom thing because that would be really weird and I know it's not your thing because you were raised in this horrible super-villain lair thing and I get that And I hoped that maybe once our dads were out of the way and we were on the same world and all that that maybe we could just spend some time together and talk but that hasn't happened So it's cool You do your thing and I'll do mine And you don't even have to respond to my texts because they probably bother you and make you have that frowning face that I used to poke my finger on the bridge of your nose and tell you I was making you not frown But we were like 12 years old and life is more complicated than that So it's cool I'll see you in class I think I'm back this week We're making salsa according to the syllabus. That should be fun Bye [End SMS Stream]
FILE 137X98Z.27.D SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway [Begin SMS Stream] Jason? Jason, they don't let me hold onto my phone here at Hotel de Site Noir. I didn't see your texts. Dammit, Jason, tell me you have you phone sitting on a charger across the room from you, which would be typical. Jason? [End SMS Stream]
*** Dave H. said: So I have feelings for Summer too.
Jason is really trying to clean up his act so that he's not stumbling around like a doofus all the time. He's just sometimes still stumbling around like a doofus in doing so.
Mostly I'm picturing Alycia getting more and more stressed by this whole situation, and finally cracking, walking into Blintzkrieg with a loaded pistol, aiming it at Summer and saying "any last words, robot?" Summer's reaction would probably be "I recommend decaf..?"
I don't think it's quite that  bad. Yet. :-) The nature of their discussion (in Alycia's head, at least) does keep evolving, though.
On that note, it feels like we might have had enough downtime with this session to work in the conversation with Summer - depending on Parker's leniency, and/or Alycia's (or your) readiness on what to say/do during it :)
If the assumption is that, yes, Alycia's going to be out of jail / on probation (doubtless with other side consequences), then, yes, one of the first things she would do in her spare time after school Monday would be to go visit Summer. (Though she also needs to apologize to Daph for blowing off their study session.)
(I'm out of pocket until tonight, so I can get something rolling then.)

Edited 1524979456
FILE 137X98Z.31.F SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 4 CASE MrMrsSmith XREF CASE Turtleneck XREF CASE Azula SOURCEUNIT 252-214-XXXX SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX PROTOCOL STREAM 3;12;19;00 AGENT CC Waters+; Parker+; Conway [Begin SMS Stream] Hey, Hero. You in town? Asking for a friend. Alycia? Oh, hey, you texted me some stuff 00 sorry, missed it. No worries. You around? No in Paris meeting of scientists and diplomats about using hypertech to fight global warming Really crazy stuff Sometimes feel like I'm the most sane person in the room Long long looooooong meetings Sounds like it. So, you going to be back any time soon? Hope to be back at the end of the week Sorry, no salsa I can save some of the stuff I make. If it's any good. Oh hey that's great thanks Jason, I need to talk with you when you're back. Okay that sounds ominous No, no, no. Just, I want to clear the air. Figure out what's going on with us. Oaky that definitely sounds ominous :-) Is it less ominous if I said I just wanted to talk about prom? Uh not really Look, Jason, you texted me a bunch of things. Like, feeling things. And I think we should talk. Oh news reports say this meeting will be extended an extra week Jason Sorry jk Ok yeah why don't you plan on coming over this weekend? I fly back in late Friday so maybe Saturday afternoon? All right, sounds good. Um no weapons right? Do you think I need weapons? *CONCERN* Sorry, jk. See you Saturday. [PAUSE] And thanks. [End SMS Stream]