Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Declared Initiative for Rules Compendium (Basic D&D)

Heya. I wanted an easier way to track what people are doing, since they're supposed to declare at the beginning of the round. Using the optional rule for individual initiative, the macro provided will roll a d6, add their bonuses (if you follow the comments in the script, and have them put all init bonuses into their init text box on the combat tab), and place them on the initiative tracker, along with a little symbol for their declaration. Make sure it's a token action (I think it doesn't break, but it just makes sense, as they need to select their token). Using the provided macros from the Gist, you'll have a menu to add initiatives for your NPCs, Sort the tracker, and Clear the tracker. Anyways, here's the Gist:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/Bastlifa/5542b1fb4befb3695" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/Bastlifa/5542b1fb4befb3695</a>... And here's a picture (I used wrench for "other", crystal ball for "magic", crossed swords for "melee", and bow and arrow for "missile". I didn't like the rule that 2-handed weapons make you lose individual initiative, but it's an optional macro at the bottom of the gist (best emoji I could is 2 hands together):
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Wild!&nbsp; Love the use of emoji there!
Thanks. I was worried it wouldn't sort or some other issue, but it worked out. It's such a niche script, but it could easily have parts be adapted for other games.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
How does it do with multiple numeric digits?&nbsp; The only worry I'd have would be that the sort would treat them as strings and sort 1, 10, 13, 2, 3, 4
Just tested, you are correct. I think I need to split the value and parse in the sort function.
Gold
Forum Champion
Cool script. I like Basic D&D & RC (one of the most comprehensive "basic" game books), although it is not my main edition to play, AD&D is, and this is still conceptually applicable with modifications. In any case I like the Emoji use on the Turn Tracker too. Thanks for making & sharing.
Updated with proper sorting, thanks for the tip Aaron. Yeah Gold, I'm in a Thursday game of AD&D, and I bought the monster manual just to have the images for my RC game, but it looks like a lot of the creatures could be used if I wanted, with little modification.&nbsp;