Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Marketplace rating/rankings

Just thought the marketplace could use some sort of system to help everyone browse it. There is so much material from so many uploaders that the quality can range from Wizards of the coast good to 5 min on Inkarnate.  I think this is a user experience issue here and as it stands now, there is no way to filter out anything I dont want to see.  This has probably been posted before, but I figured I might ignite more positive discussion over it.  Have a great day everyone!

Edited 1523995107
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can already sort the search results by "Most Popular". With that, you're likely to get more of the "higher-quality" content at the top. 
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The problem is that number of sales is not necessarily an indication of quality. New creators that put a lot of effort get buried quickly if they do not get a lot of sales up front. @Dullahon, there are one or two requests for this already, you may want to add your vote to one of those threads instead.
well the algorithm should never be so straight forward when it comes to community sales and content, but even just a menu expansion of content could do wonders I think. as it stands now, I have trouble finding those "hidden gems" in the marketplace. I know there is super quality work from the independent artists on this site, and any way I can find those easier would be amazing.  Thanks for the replies gentlemen, I appreciate it. happy rolling!

Edited 1524058350
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't think a rating system would necessarily be a good indication of quality either. A marketplace creator could abuse the system by creating fake accounts to give their content a 5-star rating. Troll users could likewise abuse the system by giving content 1-star ratings for the lols, rather than as an indication of actual poor quality.  Maybe it could work a bit better though if users were only allowed to rate marketplace content if they purchased it.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Here is one of the main suggestion threads for ratings. It would probably be better to add your vote to that one. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1517626/marketpl" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1517626/marketpl</a>...
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .