Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Touchscreen tokens won’t move.

Hey y’all, Pretty new here but I’m attempting to setup campaigns in a way that I have a large touchscreen on a tabletop for my players and a laptop in GM mode. However I can’t seem to be able to drag and drop tokens. I’ve made sure I’m not viewing maps and have the right cursor selected. Drivers installed. I can drag and drop token artwork onto a map but I can’t move it from there. I can select it though. I’ve tried Chrome and Firefox. Running Windows 7. I’ve seen other threads about similar problems but no real solutions. Any help would be much appreciated
Hi Chris, A large contributor to unexpected behavior is how your browser interprets touch events- some events are treated as a mouse click, others might be more related to a finger touch. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to tell. A suggestion from another user previously might certainly help, but ultimately it comes down to the communication between the browser and your system. Author X said: If you are using Chrome, you can go to chrome://flags and find the "Direct Manipulation Stylus" flag, and change it to "Disabled". It seems that when Microsoft changed the behavior in the Fall Creators Update, Google followed suit and changed it in Chrome, but unlike Microsoft they let you disable it. Unfortunately, i don't know if there is an equivalent for any other browsers.