Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E OGL Lay on Hands tracking

So this is not a question, but I wanted to put out some information on what I just got working in case any one else would like to set this up. I have done a decent amount of digging in the past day or so to try to find a way to set up Lay on Hands to work as a query that then uses the OGL ammo tracking to decrease the pool by the amount entered in the query. In the newest version of the 5E OGL sheet, if you are using the OGL companion script, you can set up an "Attack" that will query and decrease your lay on hands pool. I did this while using Lay on Hands as my class_resource, though you can use any other repeating resource field by replacing class_resource with your Lay on Hands resource slot field id.  I unchecked all boxes as this is not an attack nor is it going to deal damage, then i filled in the ammunition field with the following: Lay on Hands, ?{Lay on Hands @{selected|class_resource} Points available|0} then filled the description field with the following: Craigor used Lay on Hands to heal @{target|character_name} I only added the description as it helps clarify who is getting the healing in chat. This will decrease the Lay on Hands field by the number you input in the query so you don't have to go back in the sheet or use a bar to track. This also allows you to see how many points of Lay on Hands you have left before inputting a value. If anyone has any suggestions on cleaning this up a bit or making it smoother, I'm all for it as my knowledge is pretty limited and I was just trying to make things simpler for my players. 
I don't have API access but I made this sweet litte macro for Lay on Hands in my game using the repeating class resource section. I already had stuff in the first two class resource spots.  &{template:atkdmg} {{normal=1}} {{mod=on ***@{target|token_name} ***}} {{rname=LAY ON HANDS }} {{attack=1}} {{r1=[[?{Number of points to Heal|@{repeating_resource_$0_resource_left}}]]}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1=[[@{repeating_resource_$0_resource_left}-?{Number of points to Heal}]]}} {{dmg1type=points left}} {{desc=You can spend 5 HP's to Cure one Disease, or Neutralize one Poison, each round.}} @{charname_output} Pair that up with your api macro and it should work and look great.