Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped]

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A person on reddit created a Dark theme for the Shaped sheet . Check it out if you're interested.

Edited 1542217780
Is there a setting I need to hit for Jack of All Trades to work for a bard? EDIT: I found it - it was just slow updating the sheet
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you check under "Class Features" under "Bard" you'll see "Jack of all trades". Toggle that off or on and you'll see it working.
Is there a way to have "automatically revert (dis)advantage" as the default for new character sheets? Love your sheet BTW!! ~Caffy
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can configure the script to set default settings of a sheet. I believe auto revert is one of those config options.
I couldn't find it in any of the settings. Do you know how I can set that as the default?
I apologize if this has been asked, did a quick search through this thread for advantage and no results that seem relevant came up but it's possible it might have been phrased a different way or similar, but is there a way to get the output for (dis)advantage to show both rolls similar to the legacy roll2 system or the way Roll20's official sheet does? Visually I prefer that to having one output and needing to hover to see what the other was, and it's easier to notice than the little indicator in the corner if someone has accidentally forgotten to revert the toggle

Edited 1542560016
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Caffy, please check the script wiki for the setting. Joseph, the option is on the settings tab of the sheet. It's a legacy option that won't work with all sheet features and I don't recommend using it.
Hi, I'm encountering an issue when trying to edit the sheet. The short of it is that I've edited the Sanity optional stat to instead be Luck, but now none of the sheets are calculating Saving Throws, instead having all of them appearing as a 0, regardless of Characteristic Modifier, Proficiency, and custom Modifiers.  The breakdown of what I did is as follows: 1. Download the most recent version of the html, css and en.translation 2. Edit "Sanity" to "Luck" in each. 3. Edit "SANITY" to "LUCK" in each. 4. Edit "SAN" to "LCK" in each. 5. Edit "San" to "Lck" in each. The html, css and en.translation were then placed into their respective locations and this issue was found. Any assistance on solving this would be appreciated, thanks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi William, I can't fully support alterations to the sheet. They may be possible, but you will be on your own and they'll make upgrading harder. It'd be better to request a setting for a Luck stat on the issue tracker. I could possibly do that in a few minutes.
Thanks, I did find "automatically revert (dis)advantage" by the way! (houserules) :) I am not sure where I can make suggestions but I would like to make 2 for future consideration: I would like to be able to increase the use of a class feature via macro so that when my sorc is using flexible magic I can increase sorcery points and decrease spell slots (as an example). I would also like to suggest that when a slot is used that the reporting reflects the count post use (currently it reports the number prior to its use). Thanks for all your work :) ~ Caffy
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Caffy, There is an issue tracker , where you can suggest features or report bugs. In fact, Kryx greatly prefers it be done there. For general use documentation, the shaped wiki is an invaluable resource. The ChatSetAttr API script can be used to change the numbers of uses, turn modifiers on and off and much more. It is available in one-click. I agree with your preference for reporting uses. It might be worth checking the issue tracker to see if this has been suggested already.
Hi Kryx, I've created the request in the Issue Tracker. I hope it's not too much of a problem and is something you'll be able to complete. Thanks for your time.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
19.2.0 Features #778: Suggestion: Luck Statistic I've updated all the project's dependencies as well which means it's all compiled a bit nicer now. It all seems to work, but let me know if you run into any issues.
Hey Kryx, Just started DM'ing with your sheets, and really do love the overwhelming amount of information you can edit into the sheets. Quick question. My Druid loves the idea of having all of her spells loaded onto the sheet, I allow many manuals in my game so there are a ridiculous amount of spells for a Druid. Our issue currently is it seems that we can't add anymore spells, maxing out at 79; granted this doesn't seem to include cantrips.  Just wondering if we're doing something wrong or she needs to be a bit more picky with her choices.  Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In general, this is Bad Practice for any sheet. The amount of text and data for spells quickly bloats characters and degrades general performance. It is strongly discouraged for this reason. Your player does have some options. As a Pro User, you have access to the Shaped Script , which has a nice chat-based interface for rapidly adding and subtracting spells. If you would like even finer control, I have written a Spellbook manager macro that interfaces with the Shaped Script which allows you to quickly add and subtract whole groups of spells. Thus she could set up a "City List", a "Wilderness List", a "My Favorites" list and so on.
I can't drag npc mage from monster manual into blank sheet. All I get is -5 bonuses.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please use the issue tracker and provide steps to reproduce. A link is at the bottom of the sheet.
Hey guys, I couldn't find the answer in the post. But can someone tell me how to modify the Initiative bonus? One of my players selected the Alert Feat which adds a +5 to Initiative, but I can't figure out how to show that bonus. Thanks in advance for your help.
Arthur B. said: Hey guys, I couldn't find the answer in the post. But can someone tell me how to modify the Initiative bonus? One of my players selected the Alert Feat which adds a +5 to Initiative, but I can't figure out how to show that bonus. Thanks in advance for your help. On the right under add a modifier, check ability checks and put the +5 in the initiative section as seen  
Can someone duplicate my problem so I know if its is my setup or a flaw in the sheet?  Create a new character, open its sheet and drag the mage npc from the monster manual into it.  Does it work?
Albert R. said: Can someone duplicate my problem so I know if its is my setup or a flaw in the sheet?  Create a new character, open its sheet and drag the mage npc from the monster manual into it.  Does it work? Try switching it to NPC and see what you get. Also you don't have to create a new sheet, just drag out the item from the compendium onto the TT and the script will do the rest.
Jerry, Thanks it is now working.
Got it, thanks! I knew it was something simple. I just couldn't find it. Vanakoji said: Arthur B. said: Hey guys, I couldn't find the answer in the post. But can someone tell me how to modify the Initiative bonus? One of my players selected the Alert Feat which adds a +5 to Initiative, but I can't figure out how to show that bonus. Thanks in advance for your help. On the right under add a modifier, check ability checks and put the +5 in the initiative section as seen  
I'll open a feature request on the tracker for this if there is no easy way, but how do I create a  global crit range  macro or query, that would trigger on any valid attack.  Specific example: My character is a hexblade warlock and the Hexblade's curse gives a bonus crit range of 19-20.  On the  OGL sheet  I could enter  ?{Is the target cursed|No, 20|Yes, 19}}  into the weapon or spell attack's  crit range  field. This would trigger a yes/no dialog box. On the  5e shaped sheet  only one number is allowed to be entered, no macro or query info (that I know of).  So, I think this means I need to create a duplicate weapon entry for every weapon/spell affected by the curse or manually calculate the adjusted crit range.  I could do both of these things, but it becomes cumbersome on the character sheet and tedious to manage.  Ideally, creating a  roll macro  that could handle both the  crit range modification (19-20)  and  bonus damage  (@{PB})  would be great.  But I don't really know how to create or implement macros.       Thanks for any help anyone could provide.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
An issue already exists:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/559/adding-a-crit-range-modifier-to-the" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/559/adding-a-crit-range-modifier-to-the</a> You'll have to create multiple attacks and spells for each level of crit range until that is done. Luckily most characters use only 1 weapon and there are very few attack based spells.

Edited 1545441934
Hey I'm not really sure where to look for this, but I was wondering if you (or anyone else) had any ideas how to handle automatic tracking of a 'magazine'? Basically we were able to do it with one weapon (give it 6/6 uses, and set it to manual recharge) but the player prefers to have a separate copy of the same weapon for sharpshooting. So they have "Revolver" and "Revolver (Sharpshooter)" the latter automatically applying the -5 and +10. I'm considering just making a query that asks whether or not they want to sharpshoot, but I would like to see if there's a way to subtract from the same 6/6 even if using the sharpshooter version first. Edit:&nbsp; Okay so I think I have figured out how to make a working query, but the issue is you can't seem to add queries to the attack roll, only the damage rolls? Is there any way to enable queries and such to be added on to the attack rolls rather than just damage rolls? Second Edit: Well I got it working with freeform, but it's a bit of a pain would be nice to have it work without it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sounds like you want to use ammo for the "magazine".
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can just make "Sharpshooter" a modifier you can toggle from the modifiers section. That's the sort of thing it's there for. You can even make a macro using ChatSetAtt to toggle the selector on the Sharpshooter modifier so that it can be turned on and off with a token macro button. I use this setup for a player with a barbarian character. It even uses token mod to display a status on the token to remind him that he is raging.
Wow @keithcurtis I love that idea.&nbsp; Do you have a repository somewhere of clever ways of making life easier for players and GM?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Funny you should ask! &nbsp; :)

Edited 1545597722
I used the modifiers for a while, but at this point the players are level 15 (over a year into this campaign) and their sheets are filled &nbsp;with information that slows things down. I've set up macros to where they can access their entire character sheet without ever opening it and it's sped things up a lot. Modifiers take time to enable and you have to wait 5-15 seconds depending on roll20 lag for it to actually apply. At this point we use modifiers for things we don't have to change often or ever, like magic items (ring of protection) or class abilities (aura of protection), and either mental math add on bonuses when creatures are in range of the aura or have a macro to just roll an extra d4 for things like bless The magazine feature is similar, since you have to open the character sheet up to manually refill it, but it's not a huge deal. We ran some numbers and made some tweaks so the level 15 gunslinger doesn't have to use a bonus action to reload, while still keeping them in line DPS wise with a level 15 battlemaster fighter using a longbow.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
5-15 seconds? That's crazy... Do they have lots of spells on their sheets?
One of my players can't find the Nature skill in his character sheet, yet other character sheets include Nature. Is there a way to remedy this without transcribing his character in a new sheet?
Gear Icon, look for generate skills button.
Yeah lots of spells because of how high level they are. I'm sure there's ways to optimize it better, and I'm trying like getting rid of old character sheets and maps I don't need but even newer games seem to lag alot with the shaped sheet for us. Still it ends up being better than the OGL sheet especially for all the NPC sheets I have to deal with so I don't mind. On another note, is there any way to enable normal tracking of passive skills when using proficiency dice? We're having a lot of fun trying out the proficiency dice system but it's frustrating to manually keep track of passive skills all the time when they don't add anything if you're proficient/expert in

Edited 1545875303
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This macro can help with spell management for spellcasters with large lists. Above all, don't let characters who can pick freely from the list (no spells "known") put every spell in the list on their sheet. Try only to allow prepared spells.
I'll give the macro a shot, looks interesting thanks.
Is there a way to set skill/tool/etc expertise?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Skills have 3 states: Unproficient, Proficient, and Expertise. Click the proficiency to alternate between the states. You can also use a setting to turn expertise into advantage instead of double prof.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can either enter it in your Proficiencies list, or as a custom skill if it is most commonly associated with a particular ability. Thieves Tools could be set up as a Dexterity Skill with proficiency, for instance. Jack O. said: Is there a way to set skill/tool/etc expertise?
Thanks, I knew I was missing something.
Is there a way to make a Skill roll that works for N/PC for things like a "skill vs skill check" For example, Panache (Sword Coast Player's Guide) you make a Charisma (Persuasion) vs a Wisdom (Insight) since this doesn't change, a link that will work for N/PC in the style of a Save Throw would be ideal. I know how to make a link for one character, however I need it to work for Players and N. Players too.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
NPC skills are the same structure as PC skills and can always be called, so if you have made it general vs target it'll work vs all creatures.
I hope this is the right place to put this. I am currently having an issue where I will drag a spell to a character sheet and it will not add. I was dragging thunderwave for a tempest cleric and it refused to add. Not sure if i am doing something wrong or not. Certain items just refuse to add like language proficiency as well. That is not as bad as spells where if i enter them manually i fear i might mess it up somewhere since I am new to this.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Only spells, armor, and weapons support drag and drop which is why languages don't work. If a spell won't drag it's often because you already have that spell on the character. Try ensuring you have turned off spell filters.

Edited 1546368266
I made sure the only thing highlighted was spells. I deselected the filter tab and my other spell I added was there but not thunderwave or gust of wind. Edit: well i tried getting rid of fog cloud and re-adding but now it won't add back. Not sure what exactly happened.It is letting me do it on another character sheet in the same campaign just no longer on that character. Do character sheets become corrupt?
I have an unusual request, I'm not sure if this is possible but I think it could be an incredible feature. Is there any way to make a command with the shaped script that moves to the next turn? Possibly so that players could hit a macro and 'end their turn' in combat?